One Door Closes - Another One Opens...

Busby

:o nooooo my other link doesnt work! oh well my pic on the iom online website will just have to continue cracking everyones computer screens.

long_dong_silver im not quite sure myself, where am I? Who am I? :blink: Does my middle name begin with D? HELP :sweat:

I believe the extra D stood for Dippy didn't it Di ;), oh hi by the way :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the way they report on an online petition and then completely fail to link it..

There's already a link Ans........Venue Closing Next Week, Page 10, 6 posts down. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the fame of your Internet news story has clouded your senses, but I clearly said that they'd reported an online petition and not linked it. Not that it wasn't linked here. That's irrelevant as 'here' isn't linked either. What's even more ridiculous, is that it's not even in this thread.

I don't think there are enough pixels on my screen to accurately construct a big enough rolleyes.gif appropriate to your post. We've solved the mystery of your second D anyway. It's dunce.

I was actualy trying to do her a favour. If I were her, I'd be straight onto IOM Newspapers as soon as I saw that story and asked them to include a link to the petition. How many people do you think read that article and had no clue where to go? I've tried a few Googles for it and drawn blanks.

You want people to sign it, you need to promote it.

Hello :) as i was told your probably fighting a loosing battle on the petition thing.. but i reakon with enough comments and signatures you might just get it for a bit longer :) i think we need to have a proper goodbye. i know it will probably have to go eventually but they shud get somewhere else first!

I like the way they report on an online petition and then completely fail to link it..

Ans dont take things so much to heart. I wasnt having a go but if you had a look at your post and u were me and i was you and you read it, the 'they' could have meant me or annette who put the link for iomonline down on this topic which would then mean that you were talking about us that failed to link the petition along with the article. (A bit confusing I know but thats me lol)

The thing is I didn't set the petition up so I will have to arrange something with Grahame so that we can go out in to the public and get some actual signatures which would look better on paper than simply typed names. I also agree that puting it up in shops/pubs would be a good idea.......promotion is the key. wooooooooo

As for my name it will remain a mystery forever and ever. It's actually changed a few times throughout the years so there is no right answer. Just whatever you think suits me best :P

• 2 weeks later...

Its back - and we think you will like it!

After a gap of just one week 'House Rules' in 'Chill' is back...

If you like Chic decor, nice company and some of the coolest House music around - follow the crowds to 'House Rules' this Saturday.

DJ Paul Hughes will entertain you as only he can...

Just a reminder that we expect you to 'make an effort' with your appearance and leave your attitude at the door... This night is only for those who do!

Chill opens at 11pm - come early to avoid the queues for the wrist bands - it was mad last time.

Entry is just £4 which gives you 'Roaming' between Chill and Breeze - providing you observe 'House Rules' B)

Info

Archived