Should Kate Moss Be Dropped?

Speckled Frost

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kate moss in drugs shock... well, who could have guessed?

anyone else think of a more pointless piece of "news" ?

hey, maybe a whole new thread!! pointless news.....

Fish Found In Sea Shock.

Owner Takes Dog For Walk.

Man Hiccups On Train.

Woman Receives Letter Sensation.

Kate Comes 3rd in Beauty Contest Behind Pig and Moose.

or just pick up the Courier and have a flick through!!

Parked Car Moved By Owner

Wing Mirror Smashed

Teenager Gets Drunk

oh what fun! ;)

Yes and No re should she be dropped.

Yes, if she does not show serious remorse for her actions, because I believe that the companies should not be supporting someones drug habits, as it gives out the wrong message.

No, if rehab is done and remorse shown then the companies should keep her, I believe this to show a message of supporting people when they are trying to do the right thing and make amends.

she should also be prosecuted for possession of a class a drug. like anybody else.

Oh, I didn't realise she'd been caught in possession...

This 'story' is pathetic. She's been all over the papers in the last couple of weeks. She must have done something to upset someone with a lot of influence over the media. Maybe she gave Rupert Murdoch the knock back.

And if you're worried about her influence on your impressionable kids - simple answer. Raise your kids to not look upto someone they'll never meet who is famous for walking around in stupid clothes.

yes. unquestionably. she should also be prosecuted for possession of a class a drug. like anybody else."

- Can't remember the last time a "rock star" was jailed for posession / use of class A drugs - have been wondering whether it shoud be the same for a so called "supermodel".

Then came to the conclusion that at least "rock stars" create something - do "supermodels" actually contribute anything, anywhere to society - not IMHO.

Does anyone in the known universe actually find her attractive, something to look up to, something to aspire to??? (Really?? - even kids aren't that dumb are they??)

- I think she should be treated the same way as "any other person" if she has been busted with Class A's.

But what differences would there be in sentencing for posession if you're

a ) rockstar

b ) influential business person

c ) policeman

d ) supermodel

e ) council house tennant

She might lose a lucrative contract or two, but she's embedded in the "celeb" machine, so you don't need to actually have any talent, any looks, any - anything but "celeb" to make money out of the people & ridiculous magazines that support it.

TBH I don't think it will really make much of a difference to her at all.

edit to correct typos

Just heard on Radio 4 that "Burberry" have also dropped Kate Moss.....

Does this mean chav's will stop doing coke??

Can they afford Coke?

UK Cocaine Prices (Economist - 1994)

the current London price is said to be around £40 per gram

BBC

The survey of frontline drug services in 15 UK locations in July found that the price of cocaine cost £40 per gram in Glasgow compared to £50 last year.

Maximum penalty for possessing cocaine is six months in jail, a £5,000 fine or both. But police have indicated Kate could escape with a warning if she admits the crime. Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair, who in February vowed to clamp down on middle- class drug users, is known to be against such a move.

He has hit out as the soft treatment of celebrities caught snorting cocaine - such as James Hewitt who was let off with a caution last September.

Source: Daily Mirror.

The decisions about 'dropping' her should be entirely up to the people who employ her - it's up to them whether or not they want their products associated with a known cocaine snorting model - but she ought to be treated the same way as everyone else for breaking the law.

No publicity is bad publicity.

Kate Moss's presence is boosted due to lurid tabloid coverage. All of a sudden "everyone" is talking about her. Things quieten down a bit.

H&M then say they're giving her another chance to much fanfare. Then things quieten down a bit again.

H&M then say they're dropping her. (H&M have never had so much free coverage in the press!) Other labels get jealous.

Other labels who have Kate on their books grasp for similar publicity by saying they are dropping her too.

Prediction: Another designer label that hasn't Kate Moss on their books will take advantage of the situation again by announcing that they will be signing up Kate Moss. Much controversy, much coverage in the paper, much discussion of any high-profile advertising that comes out of it. Kate Moss capitalises on this by publicly going to rehab and selling the story to the press.

I think the expression is.. "Ker-ching...". Once again the industries club together and make a fortune out of public outrage that they have caused entirely themselves. To top it all, it's a fair guess that the whole fashion industry is swimming in cocaine. It is the industry that created "Heroin Chic", after all. Oddly enough, the same accusation has been made of the media too.

Like others in this thread I'm really not suprised at this "news". I suspect that it doesn't come as news to her employers either. I don't think that she should be dropped, it is ultimately her private life, although perhaps there is an argument that when you earn as much as she does then your employers are entitled to extent their reach into your private life. I do wonder to what extent the use of Cocaine has helped her figure, and those of other models.

As far as her being a role model is concerned, I really don't think that she should ever have been one. I think that she is an advert for anorexia. The real role models for young people should be in the home, in my view.

Archived