The General Election in the United Kingdom

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Farage had no idea what was being thrown at him. He must have been aware that it could have been a noxious substance. 

I've no problem describing it as assault. 

With MPs having been assassinated, you'd poop yourself...could be a milkshake, could be acid.

A lot of aggrieved people out there. Plus a lot of nutcases.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It doesn’t matter what form the missile took. It was an assault. If I came up to you  unprovoked and threw a milkshake at you would you laugh it off, saying it wasn’t even an egg, Ha ha ha!

Anyone should be able to go about their business without being attacked. Or is it OK because you don’t agree with his politics?

Prescott actually got a lot of public support for fighting back when attacked ( from all sides) He may be the wrong sort of politician for you but most have the sense, whatever their politics to know what is right and what is wrong.

Finally, like all decent people I am outraged ( and more) when MP ‘s  ( of whatever political persuasion) are threatened with actual violence, be that in their constituency offices, or elsewhere. 

To try and attribute such incidents to “ people like Farage” is highly offensive, whatever you think of him

Nobody should try to make political capital from any sort of violence, from milkshake throwing   to knifing whatever your political leanings.

To do so is disgusting

4 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Farage had no idea what was being thrown at him. He must have been aware that it could have been a noxious substance. 

What if he got her to do it because he needs attention?

447443894_781787590796250_84522005941261

12 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

With MPs having been assassinated, you'd poop yourself...could be a milkshake, could be acid.

Indeed, not a laughing matter as Manxman 1980 seems to suggest.

I think we have to accept the very real possibility that he staged the entire thing just to make this pre-planned and incredibly shit joke:

Though it does more or less sum him up if he did.

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Understand your point, but IMO they only need a swing of about 4k or 5k if Farage splits the Conservative vote, not 10k.

36k votes split 3 ways is around 12k each.

So any of the 3 could likely sneak it.

Screenshot_20240604_191653_Chrome.jpg

Well its 38k not 36k so an even split near 13k. That's double last time.

Also Andy Morgan, who got 1000 votes, wanted change his name to "Andrew Morgan Clacton-Brexitparty" so I doubt his voters are swinging to Labour.

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

What if he got her to do it because he needs attention?

447443894_781787590796250_84522005941261

What a stupid comment. The one thing that he's got plenty of is attention. He's also way above your level of political maturity and understanding Helix. Nigel won Clacton in the time it took him to announce he's standing.   

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

If I'd have been anywhere near her, at the very least my milkshake would've been straight in her face three seconds later, with no hesitation whatsoever. 

Do you always carry a milkshake in case?

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I think we have to accept the very real possibility that he staged the entire thing just to make this pre-planned and incredibly shit joke:

Though it does more or less sum him up if he did.

I don’t think that’s a real possibility. Your posting says more about you than Farage

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

If I'd have been anywhere near her, at the very least my milkshake would've been straight in her face three seconds later, with no hesitation whatsoever. 

You would have assaulted a young lady?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don’t think that’s a real possibility. Your posting says more about you than Farage

It's just coincidence that the girl who threw the milkshake is the spitting image of the Reform Party's press officer's partner?

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

What a stupid comment. The one thing that he's got plenty of is attention. He's also way above your level of political maturity and understanding Helix. Nigel won Clacton in the time it took him to announce he's standing.   

You're right, I certainly don't have the political understanding to shout "Up the 'RA".

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It doesn’t matter what form the missile took. It was an assault. If I came up to you  unprovoked and threw a milkshake at you would you laugh it off, saying it wasn’t even an egg, Ha ha ha!

Anyone should be able to go about their business without being attacked. Or is it OK because you don’t agree with his politics?

Prescott actually got a lot of public support for fighting back when attacked ( from all sides) He may be the wrong sort of politician for you but most have the sense, whatever their politics to know what is right and what is wrong.

Finally, like all decent people I am outraged ( and more) when MP ‘s  ( of whatever political persuasion) are threatened with actual violence, be that in their constituency offices, or elsewhere. 

To try and attribute such incidents to “ people like Farage” is highly offensive, whatever you think of him

Nobody should try to make political capital from any sort of violence, from milkshake throwing   to knifing whatever your political leanings.

To do so is disgusting

25 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

21 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Indeed, not a laughing matter as Manxman 1980 seems to suggest.

Perhaps Mr Farage would like to reflect that not long after he unveiled his "breaking point" poster a white supremacist went and shot, stabbed and killed Jo Cox whilst shouting "Britain First".  

I am personally glad that Farage suffered no injuries, and I believe that Politicians and Public Figures should be bettered protected but if he insists on spreading hatred then I am afraid he puts himself into a position where he is likely to be targeted.  The same applies for politicians like George Galloway on the far left.  They deliberately court controversy and stoke hatred.  

Instead we see politicians like Jo Cox and David Amess caught up in the mess created by extremists. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It's just coincidence that the girl who threw the milkshake is the spitting image of the Reform Party's press officer's partner?

Well apart from the fact they both seem to have blonde hair I can’t see any resemblance.

Why would the Reform Party’s press officers partner willingly get a criminal record for such a stunt?

I think you’ve lost it to be honest.

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Perhaps Mr Farage would like to reflect that not long after he unveiled his "breaking point" poster a white supremacist went and shot, stabbed and killed Jo Cox whilst shouting "Britain First".  

That’s quite a leap

• Like 2