The General Election in the United Kingdom

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well apart from the fact they both seem to have blonde hair I can’t see any resemblance.

Why would the Reform Party’s press officers partner willingly get a criminal record for such a stunt?

I think you’ve lost it to be honest.

Same nose, same facial structure, same eyes, same mouth, same chin. But sure, it could be a coincidence. It is a hell of a coincidence if she looks just like someone involved in Reform's campaign, rather than literally any other human on earth, though.

She won't get a criminal record.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Same nose, same facial structure, same eyes, same mouth, same chin. But sure, it could be a coincidence. It is a hell of a coincidence if she looks just like someone involved in Reform's campaign, rather than literally any other human on earth, though.

OK we will find out in due course. If it’s not escaped your attention I am sure it won’t have escaped that of the media.

If does turn out that both of these pictures are of the same lady I will give you the most fulsome apology.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK we will find out in due course. If it’s not escaped your attention I am sure it won’t have escaped that of the media.

If does turn out that both of these pictures are of the same lady I will give you the most fulsome apology.

I wouldn't ask for one, but I do expect you to agree that his Kelis joke was shit.

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I wouldn't ask for one, but I do expect you to agree that his Kelis joke was shit.

Not the best I’ve heard for sure. 

But if it does transpire that those two pictures were of the same lady, then I will give you the apology you deserve.

If it does turn out they are actually two different people it is unlikely that fact will be widely publicised in the world’s media, so it would be unfair of me to ask  for a similar commitment from yourself

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

@Cambon

Yes, I get it and always have done.

The figures for the period in question show that Sterling has fallen by 11% against the EURO and 15% against the USD. And this is where the "exceptional circumstances" count against the brexiteers. Because they were exceptional, and nobody would dispute that, what has gone on before that isn't that relevant. How could it be? Plus it's obvious from the numbers that our two biggest trading partners, the EU and the US, have come through those big hitters in much better shape than we have.

But then they didn't have a very exceptional act of economic self harm to cope with as well...

Of course what went before is relevant, because without the past record of performance in the graph that @Cambonposted, the period since Brexit has no context. There is nothing to compare it to.

The spike immediately before the referendum was due to speculators in the market, nothing more. If it wasn't for the referendum those peaks would not have been reached, and they give a false impression. So the major fall for sterling came between 2000 and 2008 when it fell from EUR 1.75 to EUR 1.02, a fall of more than 40% of its value. Should we ascribe this debacle to the UK's membership of the EU? No, of course not, but it would make as much sense as what you are trying to say about the period from 2016 to 2024.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

It's just coincidence that the girl who threw the milkshake is the spitting image of the Reform Party's press officer's partner?

@The Voice of Reason

Apparently the girl who threw the milkshake is a Labour supporting OnlyFans model from a Brexit Household.

Not seen any links other than the one post by Helix suggesting any connection to Reforms Press Officer. 

It does appear that she used the Kelis song to promote her OnlyFans page off the back of this incident as well.

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have previously stated on these pages that I found it offensive.

Did you?  Well, that's something I suppose.

The problem is many people didn't and it emboldened extremists.  Farage plays on racist tropes and fears to gain support and publicity. 

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Did you?  Well, that's something I suppose.

The problem is many people didn't and it emboldened extremists.  Farage plays on racist tropes and fears to gain support and publicity. 

That's tropewang!

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

She won't get a criminal record.

Victoria Thomas-Bowen threw the milkshake, a miss Emily Hewartson is the press officer with blonde hair.

13 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

Victoria Thomas-Bowen threw the milkshake, a miss Emily Hewartson is the press officer with blonde hair.

And how is that relevant? The allegation is that the person throwing the McD slime was the partner of Emily Hewartson, not Miss Hewartson.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And how is that relevant? The allegation is that the person throwing the McD slime was the partner of Emily Hewartson, not Miss Hewartson.

Well, it's Emily Hewartson who has actually been accused of this, and it was Thomas-Bowen who threw the milkshake.