The General Election in the United Kingdom

It’s highly unlikely that as a publicity stunt Reform would throw a milk shake at their leader. (Although the Lib Dem’s?)

How does it benefit them? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woolley said:

Usual 'Brexit voters are thick' shtick from EU supporters who reckon that by contrast they are knowledgeable on the subject, but who invariably know little about it.

Typical "still got their head in the sand, saying nananananananana" but still can't point to a concrete benefit of Brexit outside of the sovereignty fallacy (you know, the one that the Tory government published a white paper about categorically stating that the sovereignty fallacy is just that, a fallacy).

24 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

Well, it's Emily Hewartson who has actually been accused of this, and it was Thomas-Bowen who threw the milkshake. 

No, the allegation is that it was the partner of Emily Hewartson who threw. Perhaps put up to it by Hewartson. Begs the question, is Thomas-Bowen the partner of Hewartson?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No, the allegation is that it was the partner of Emily Hewartson who threw. Perhaps put up to it by Hewartson. Begs the question, is Thomas-Bowen the partner of Hewartson?

The person pictured with Farage on a night out is Hewertson. Looks like it is just a coincidence after all. 

His joke is still shit, mind.

1 hour ago, RecklessAbandon said:

You see no connection between the rhetoric of the likes of Farage, Tommy Two Names, Britain First, etc and the attack on Jo Cox?

None at all?

Well if you were right (Which you're not) then it would also be true of all recent political/terrorist attacks in Britain: 7/7; London Bridge; Borough Market; Westminster, Manchester Arena; Liverpool Women's Hospital; David Amess murder; Lee Rigby; Reading stabbings; Parson's Green; Glasgow Airport...etc. Were all these attacks the fault of Farage, Tommy Robinson, and your imaginary far-right ? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The person pictured with Farage on a night out is Hewertson. Looks like it is just a coincidence after all. 

His joke is still shit, mind.

See what you did at the end there Helix ? You were completely wrong as usual (Coincidence 🤣) but you still want to salvage a schoolboy victory. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

See what you did at the end there Helix ? You were completely wrong as usual (Coincidence 🤣) but you still want to salvage a schoolboy victory. 

Shouldn't you be busy offering to assault women?

15 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Well if you were right (Which you're not) then it would also be true of all recent political/terrorist attacks in Britain: 7/7; London Bridge; Borough Market; Westminster, Manchester Arena; Liverpool Women's Hospital; David Amess murder; Lee Rigby; Reading stabbings; Parson's Green; Glasgow Airport...etc. Were all these attacks the fault of Farage, Tommy Robinson, and your imaginary far-right ? 

You don't see a connection between the rhetoric of the group Britain First, and a bloke who shouted "Britain First!" while murdering someone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Shouldn't you be busy offering to assault women?

There have been two near fatal attacks on European politicians in the last fortnight alone. Farage could've been another. Some of you think that's funny and an excuse for a laugh. Well I don't, and that girl would definitely have got my milkshake if I'd had one to hand. I'd happily pay the fine.   

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

And do you think those are in no way related to the UK governments involvement in interfering with and directly/indirectly attacking large parts of the Middle East?

Also...

your imaginary far-right ?

Imaginary?  You're either wilfully ignorant or just plain ignorant.  Just what the far-right rely on.

tumblr_nc78veyKNl1r0nswko7_1280.webp

Edited by RecklessAbandon
Full edit to post

26 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There have been two near fatal attacks on European politicians in the last fortnight alone. Farage could've been another. Some of you think that's funny and an excuse for a laugh. Well I don't, and that girl would definitely have got my milkshake if I'd had one to hand. I'd happily pay the fine.   

Storm in a milkshake.

It's almost certainly someone out for a laugh and their 15 minutes of fame.

Therefore I don't see it's worth comparing it with an intentionally lethal assault...

59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Extremists create reactions with other extremists.  Right and Left wing extremists are as bad as each other.  Religious extremism is bad as and connected with political extremism,

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Extremists create reactions with other extremists.  Right and Left wing extremists are as bad as each other.  Religious extremism is bad as and connected with political extremism,

Comparing right wing and left wing terrorism is a bit of apples and oranges affair.

Left wing terrorism tends to be "social issue" targeted and generally are against physical "hard" targets (animal testing labs, banking institutes, etcs) and designed to be "inconveniencing", where as right wing tends to be "political or group" targeted and generally target individuals/people and designed to have more "body count" (political/government, social groups (LGBTQ+ for example), etc).

Also, as a government moves more right wing, protestors are more frequently classified as terrorists (or enemies of the "status quo") especially if they are protesting against said government.

The "rise" of Islamic terrorism since the 2000's (that is not to say that it did not exist before then, but was not as prevalent before 9/11) complicates this conversation.

A comparison of political violence by left-wing, right-wing, and Islamist extremists in the United States and the world | PNAS

The above is a very interesting read on the subject.

Edited by RecklessAbandon