The General Election in the United Kingdom

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m quite pleased with that. I normally don’t have a clue with cryptic crosswords.

Try The Guardian’s. They have a range of difficulty including ones for beginners, the interface on an ipad is really good, and it’s free. 

On 6/7/2024 at 8:34 PM, Chinahand said:

The UK has the highest tax burden since the aftermath of WWII. The NHS budget is the highest it has ever been as a percentage of GDP but everyone wants bigger budgets and more spending and are lamenting that there's not enough money to spend. Doesn't make sense to me. 

I'll give you a clue...it starts with Tory and ends with Scum.

On 6/8/2024 at 4:28 PM, La Colombe said:

I would give £1,000 to that person if they could correctly state what Sharia Law is, what Sharia Law does and where exactly it is being applied (and not the Facebook definition from some bloke down the pub).

Reminds me of that lemon on a James O'Brian show who is voting Reform to stop Sharia Law being brought in because he saw a Facebook post (which in the post referred to it as Shakira Law) which said that Sadiq Khan was trialling it in London.

When JOB fact checked the guy into the ground, the lemon was still going to go with Reform because its what he "believes in".

33 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

When JOB fact checked the guy into the ground, the lemon was still going to go with Reform because its what he "believes in".

This is the reality, they want to believe in things, rather than accept reality.  It's natural for old fat useless people to hold onto the belief that they not just a drain on society, so they look to shift blame to young people and immigrants. 

15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

labour or conservatives nothing will change, politicians are all in it for themselves and their mates and don't care about the ordinary working person

But people still need to vote, as not voting is essentially tacit support for the current regime.

And if you think the likes of Reform are about the "ordinary working person", I've got a bridge to sell you.