The General Election in the United Kingdom

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

@The Voice of Reason

Quite rightly as well.

Your assertion that Matt Chorley wouldn't want to double his audience to O'Briens level was very " unclever" shall we say.

Surely you agree...?

I didn’t “assert” any such thing. Those are your words.

I think both of them are idiots who unfortunately get well paid pandering to gullible people like yourself.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I didn’t “assert” any such thing. Those are your words.

I think both of them are idiots who unfortunately get well paid pandering to gullible people like yourself.

Yes you did.

You stated that Chorley wouldn't want to be like O'Brien when to broadcasters the size of their audience is all important.

Their raison d'être if you like...

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes you did.

You stated that Chorley wouldn't want to be like O'Brien when to broadcasters the size of their audience is all important.

Their raison d'être if you like...

Nobody in their right mind would want to be like your hero O Brien regardless of audience size. 
For goodness sake,Trump has a large audience. Do you bow down before him as well?

Jeez

Edited by The Voice of Reason

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Nobody in their right mind would want to be like your hero O Brien regardless of audience size. 
For goodness sake,Trump has a large audience. Do you bow down before him as well?

Jeez

You're a brexiteer.

That's why you and your ilk hate O'Brien.

Which is why you slated his books without even reading them!

O'Brien is quite simply very good at what he does.

Why don't you ring him on his show and extol everything you love about your precious brexit? You know, put your money where your mouth is?

I would certainly tune in if you did. Essential listening...

38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You're a brexiteer.

That's why you and your ilk hate O'Brien.

Which is why you slated his books without even reading them!

O'Brien is quite simply very good at what he does.

Why don't you ring him on his show and extol everything you love about your precious brexit? You know, put your money where your mouth is?

I would certainly tune in if you did. Essential listening...

I for one don't hate him, whoever he is.

• Haha 1

Reform UK candidate suggested tinned food could cause gender dysphoria (msn.com)

Now I'm not saying Reform is a joke party with delusions of grandeur, but they are really, really looking that way.

"On his website, he wrote “How can we say with certainty that tinned food, car emissions, radio waves, food additives, mercury fillings or any other manmade influence isn’t causing an increase in gender dysphoria?

“Looking in basic biological evolutionary terms, as a rule of thumb, a species normally evolves to reproduce more rather than less. Which in my overly simplified mind would indicate that gender dysphoria is a man-made condition, not an evolutionary one.”"

As a general rule, if you don't understand how biological evolution works, your best bet is to consult an expert on the subject, not put your last neuron firing brain fart on the internet for all to see.

16 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Reform UK candidate suggested tinned food could cause gender dysphoria (msn.com)

Now I'm not saying Reform is a joke party with delusions of grandeur, but they are really, really looking that way.

"On his website, he wrote “How can we say with certainty that tinned food, car emissions, radio waves, food additives, mercury fillings or any other manmade influence isn’t causing an increase in gender dysphoria?

“Looking in basic biological evolutionary terms, as a rule of thumb, a species normally evolves to reproduce more rather than less. Which in my overly simplified mind would indicate that gender dysphoria is a man-made condition, not an evolutionary one.”"

As a general rule, if you don't understand how biological evolution works, your best bet is to consult an expert on the subject, not put your last neuron firing brain fart on the internet for all to see.

post-2251-0-11606300-1328190189_thumb.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Call me crazy, but could it be that Reform and Farago are just glomming on to anything that sounds remotely "gloablist" even if its not remotely true or relevant, just to appeal to their less than well informed base?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Call me crazy, but could it be that Reform and Farago are just glomming on to anything that sounds remotely "gloablist" even if its not remotely true or relevant, just to appeal to their less than well informed base?

I can call you crazy if you like, but I think you've finally tumbled to it. I have the same thought every time one of you posts up these little gems with a chortle and a knowing comment about how divorced from reality they are. Call him stupid, call him brain dead, but it doesn't matter, does it? He knows his audience, and he's more interested in how it will land with them than how accurate it is. If it resulted in a seat in Parliament, it served its purpose and rewarded him amply.

33 minutes ago, woolley said:

I can call you crazy if you like, but I think you've finally tumbled to it. I have the same thought every time one of you posts up these little gems with a chortle and a knowing comment about how divorced from reality they are. Call him stupid, call him brain dead, but it doesn't matter, does it? He knows his audience, and he's more interested in how it will land with them than how accurate it is. If it resulted in a seat in Parliament, it served its purpose and rewarded him amply.

So you are saying that one of the loudest and proudest peddler of the Brexit lie was a liar and the people who bought his lies are...what exactly?

As a believer of the Brexit lies, how does it feel coming to this self realisation?

10 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

So he didn’t actually suggest that tinned food could cause gender dysphoria, did he?

He was pointing out the ridiculousness of the prevailing blame culture.

Obviously it was lost on you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So he didn’t actually suggest that tinned food could cause gender dysphoria, did he?

He was pointing out the ridiculousness of the prevailing blame culture.

Obviously it was lost on you.

There's nothing in the article to suggest that. Even when contacted for clarification ...

"In a statement, Mr Holland told The Telegraph: “It seems somewhat unlikely that everything that we do and have done as humans has no direct or indirect consequences.”

He added: “It may well be the case that we have always had the same proportion of people with gender dysphoria and it has only been in recent years that they have felt able to express their true selves. That seems unlikely though"

Which is a less stupid reason for making random claims than satirising blame culture.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1