The General Election in the United Kingdom

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, woolley said:

How did he not turn up? Parliament doesn't even sit until today.

“So, Farage didn't bother to turn up for the first day in his new job,”  ( La Colombe)

I’m sure I’ve seen him on the news today in the House of Commons making his maiden speech ( lambasting Bercow).

How could that be?

Edited by The Voice of Reason

6 hours ago, woolley said:

How did he not turn up? Parliament doesn't even sit until today.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“So, Farage didn't bother to turn up for the first day in his new job,”  ( La Colombe)

I’m sure I’ve seen him on the news today in the House of Commons making his maiden speech ( lambasting Bercow).

How could that be?

He didn't show up for yesterday's orientation day for new MPs. I'd link some discussions about it on Twitter but you right wing snowflakes would only whine about it again and I'll get another ban which I don't want thanks. 

26 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

He didn't show up for yesterday's orientation day for new MPs. I'd link some discussions about it on Twitter but you right wing snowflakes would only whine about it again and I'll get another ban which I don't want thanks. 

Just a suggestion. Perhaps you could occasionally use another source to try and justify  your position other than Twitter? ( as PK could with his beloved Guardian)

I don’t use Twitter myself but it does seem to attract a certain sort of person. And it has been a merciful release not to have been bombarded with such clips of late.

3 hours ago, La Colombe said:

No need. It's already clear where you waste your time from all the nonsense you pointlessly regurgitate here.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I saw him referred to as a 'Haunted Edwardian Lamppost' somewhere recently. 

Dear god, they're doing a reality tv series on him and the family!  Although thinking about it, it's probably going to be entertaining. 

https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/10/ex-tory-mp-jacob-rees-mogg-secretly-filming-kardashian-style-tv-show-21197101/

Jacob Rees-Mogg: 'I'm all for nannies, but not the nanny state'

While some sources likened the show to Keeping Up With the Kardashians , some compared it to 'spooky and kooky' TV hit The Addams Family (pictured)

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just a suggestion. Perhaps you could occasionally use another source to try and justify  your position other than Twitter? ( as PK could with his beloved Guardian)

But I can quote the Grauniad with a confidence that comes from knowing they do their level best to tell it exactly like it is.

Contrast that with the owner propaganda sheets of the Daily Mail, the Express, the Sun and the truly awful Telegraph which is so bad it was put up for sale in 2018 and remained unsold for literally years. Essentially the Barclay brothers made it so rabidly anti-EU it was reduced to "Beano" status without the laughs and once their sole aim of brexit was achieved they then tried to dump it.

@The Voice of Reason

Incidentally if you're going to persist with posting up cut-and-paste from that rag would you please reduce it to the default font so it takes less time to scroll over it. Thanks.