On the Buses

Harry Lamb

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Don’t worry about it. Let it go. Mr Wright amended one if his posts about a year or so ago in the “ trans  thread” and it wasn’t flagged.  But it was picked up on by a few people. 

So you’re saying some regular posters actually have secret rights to change posts that other users don’t have? That wouldn’t surprise me now to be honest. 

Edited by Radiolistner

2 minutes ago, Radiolistner said:

So you’re saying some regular poster actually have secret rights to change posts that other users don’t have? That wouldn’t surprise me. 

Well I’m just telling you what happened. You can go back and look at that particular thread and make your own mind up

I cant be arsed revisiting it

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I’m just telling you what happened. You can go back and look at that particular thread and make your own mind up

It wouldn’t surprise me. I asked a question. Then just got a load of abuse denying a change was ever made. But it 100% was. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

I recommend classic FM.

Most relaxing

I’m relaxed, sober, sentient. What are you? You could have made something up rather than create the protracted (embarrassing) trail above. But you didn’t. So why having clearly amended a post, which wasn’t publicly flagged as edited, are you still trying to justify your post in the overwhelming face of the contrary? 

On most forums you can only edit up the point where someone quotes you or replies. Once that happens you should not be allowed to edit, subscriber not not.

Saying that though, there is no way @Roger Ramcould edit it without it being reported that an edit had been made. Subscriber or not. 

• Haha 1

What if the bus was immediately back onto a service run straight after a school, stopping and waiting for management to arrive would make the next service late or even not run at all so passengers travelling home would be let down wouldn't they?  What if the same school run every night had unruly children  pressing the bell all the time or leaving the bus full of litter every morning and evening wouldn't this be unfair on the very next passengers using the bus, I don't know I am merely asking the question?

Only provide buses for secondary pupils who live more than 3 miles from the nearest secondary school, or those with special needs or who are on FSM. A lot of buses could be sold off, costs lowered, and kids would be healthier walking. Of course it would be political suicide, so maybe Alf could bring it in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Only provide buses for secondary pupils who live more than 3 miles from the nearest secondary school,

Is it possible that would require some pupils living in the hinterlands to have to walk along roads with no footpaths?

That may have been acceptable in my mothers day when there was little road traffic, but I do not think that it would be acceptable today.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Is it possible that would require some pupils living in the hinterlands to have to walk along roads with no footpaths?

That may have been acceptable in my mothers day when there was little road traffic, but I do not think that it would be acceptable today.

I'm sure provision could be made for the small number of pupils that would apply to. 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:07 PM, Harry Lamb said:

Only provide buses for secondary pupils who live more than 3 miles from the nearest secondary school, or those with special needs or who are on FSM. A lot of buses could be sold off, costs lowered, and kids would be healthier walking. Of course it would be political suicide, so maybe Alf could bring it in.

On 6/24/2024 at 3:20 PM, Harry Lamb said:

I'm sure provision could be made for the small number of pupils that would apply to. 

Then they might as well pick up the other kids they pass on the way and charge them 50p towards the running costs. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Then they might as well pick up the other kids they pass on the way and charge them 50p towards the running costs. 

Could use a min1-bus for the few they would have to transport - they have plenty - and sell some of their larger vehicles which would be superfluous. Behaviour problems solved, childhood obesity reduced, costs reduced. SEND kids and kids on FSM travel free.