On the Buses

Harry Lamb

Just now, A fool and his money..... said:

Yeah, sure there are sparky, just like there are loads of people on this forum with remarkably similar posting styles and views as yourself. And they're all real people too, aren't they?😂

The people next to me are both on their phones.  12 of the 18 people I can currently see in front of me are on their phones.  Why would you dispute that?

I haven’t included the driver.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yeah, sure there are sparky, just like there are loads of people on this forum with remarkably similar posting styles and views as yourself. And they're all real people too, aren't they?😂

The people next to me are both on their phones.  12 of the 18 people I can currently see in front of me are on their phones.  Why would you dispute that?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Coverage patchy causing a double post?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Bus Vannin were told to cut headcount, so they did. They’re now reliant on drivers doing overtime and the zero hours contract drivers being available for work.

It’s been a hot sunny day.

I’d not be volunteering for overtime…

More cancellations today Sunday. What's going on with Bus Vannin?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

More cancellations today Sunday. What's going on with Bus Vannin?

No idea, but the journey we did this morning was very pleasant.

Polite driver, clean and modern bus, easy payment.  Arrived a couple of minutes late but you can track it in their website and make sure it’s on its way and arrived at destination bang on time.

Nothing to fault, much better than services used in England and Ireland recently 

Edited by Tinpot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably, so I just try to ignore them as previously.

Bus Vannin's policy of reliance on casuals was always going to cause problems in a low-unemployment economy.  They need to employ more full-time drivers and fewer managers.

Bus Vannin's entire fleet is broadly equivalent to a small to medium sized depot with one of the UK groups (Stagecoach, Arrival etc.) Like them, many functions are centralised here; recruitment, payroll, procurement, engineering. In the UK the day to day show would be managed by a graduate trainee and a local engineer.

I wonder what we have?

3 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Bus Vannin's entire fleet is broadly equivalent to a small to medium sized depot with one of the UK groups (Stagecoach, Arrival etc.) Like them, many functions are centralised here; recruitment, payroll, procurement, engineering. In the UK the day to day show would be managed by a graduate trainee and a local engineer.

I wonder what we have?

I do know for sure that the driver situation is so bad that some managers are out covering driving shifts at the weekends.

1 minute ago, Tinpot said:

Yeah.  Thats not the same as what you said I had said at all.

Apology accepted.

You're massively looking down on people, shitting on them for not having infinite data on their phone and then admitting you don't and have never paid your own bill. It is a fucking astonishing position to take.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You're massively looking down on people, shitting on them for not having infinite data on their phone and then admitting you don't and have never paid your own bill. It is a fucking astonishing position to take.

I pay four mobile bills every month and have done for a long time.

I am not looking down on anyone.  I am asking why taxpayers should pay for wifi on a bus in 2024, while accepting it was the right thing to do ten or even five years ago.

So far, nobody has offered an answer.

• Haha 1

When the eco-fanatics have successfully banned affordable personal transport and made large sections of the population dependent on public transport, Government will dictate if you can travel; where you can travel and when you can travel, not to mention how much you pay. 

12 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

So far, nobody has offered an answer.

Not everyone is as important as you and can afford infinite data. 

These people might like to access the internet too on a long and otherwise monotonous bus journey.

You seem to use "it's 2024" to justify your strange opinions quite regularly I've noticed.