On the Buses

Harry Lamb

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Exactly.  It's literally 10 mins down the road. 

Makes you wonder about the parents.  If it was one of my kids, they'd be getting an additional bollocking as soon as they got home too.  I'd back the driver/Bus Co.

Karens and the unassailable rights of their angelic offspring.

Natural next step will be for BV to call the Police in next time, seeing as they are being berated for taking action themselves. So it escalates.

Were all the kids who weren't allowed off messing about though? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was kept on the bus against my will because a load of drunks were abusing the driver etc. With the CCTV on buses there must be a better way to handle it than this.

• Like 3

It doesn’t make any sense though. If the kids are being an arse you’d want them OFF the bus not keeping them on antagonising them still further. 

After the bus stopped and the driver told them to stop pressing the bell, what’s the first thing any child is likely to do? 
The bus driver sounds like a right bell end, also surprised he would be able to hear the bell being rung as most have their radio blasting or wearing air pods. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The bus driver sounds like a right bell end

One of the news items states that he radioed in to ask, and was given instructions.

For a few years I worked on the MER - same management. If something unusual happened, the standard practice was "Radio in and ask a manager".

One might assume that Standard Rules and Practices document for bus drivers would include a section on unruly passengers (including the ones throwing up in the back of the bus), with a sub-para on (not) handling children.

Edited by Two-lane
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Tale of woe from faceache

Screenshot_20240523_222226.jpg

I always find things like this funny. 

Oh I trust my 12 year old to go and do god knows what for hours but god forbid they don't get the bus otherwise they turn into helpless toddlers

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Oh I trust my 12 year old to go and do god knows what for hours but god forbid they don't get the bus otherwise they turn into helpless toddlers

Yes, and if he had a debit card (although why you would give a 12 year old your debit card is beyond me), then he could have gone to a cash dispenser, got the cash and the next bus home.  Or  even a taxi! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Two-lane said:

One of the news items states that he radioed in to ask, and was given instructions.

For a few years I worked on the MER - same management. If something unusual happened, the standard practice was "Radio in and ask a manager".

One might assume that Standard Rules and Practices document for bus drivers would include a section on unruly passengers (including the ones throwing up in the back of the bus), with a sub-para on (not) handling children.

WOW!

Management actually taking responsibility for the service provided!

It'll never catch on...

Would the bank not class this as fraud, using a card not issued to that person. What is the standing when some one presents a card that is obviously not the persons ie gender Mr/Mrs not matching person presenting it.(sorry to the gender/assimilation police) What if he had asked for ID and if not matching card details calls police under the assumption he is dealing with a stolen card.  😇 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

4km from Town to the Strang.  Not ideal, but if they're 12 and out in town, they can be trusted to walk home for 45mins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1