On the Buses

Harry Lamb

1 hour ago, emesde said:

The limit for small vans is 60 mph if not towing.

Goods vehicle

including a car-derived van not exceeding 3500kg not drawing a trailer - 60mph.

including a car-derived van not exceeing 3500kg drawing a trailer - 40mph.

exceeding 3500kg but not exceeding 7500kg not drawing a trailer - 50mph.

exceeding 3500kg but not exceeding 7500kg drawing a trailer - 40mph.

exceeding 7500kg with or without a trailer - 40mph.

Car-derived, so Fiesta van etc is 60mph or 40mph if towing. Anything Transit-sized is 50mph or 40mph if towing a trailer, so most of these aforementioned dickheads on the mountain in the morning need apprehending.

HGV is 40mph as it has been for 30 years+

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

https://libertybus.je/about-us

Time to offer franchise to another company?

They're scrapping services when they not making money and doing private hires while cancelling public transport already.

Imagine how much worse it would be if they privatised it. 

You don't have to look too far away to see the complete bollocks of public services that privatisation makes. The UK is still in a hell of a mess 40 years after Thatcher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Anything Transit-sized is 50mph or 40mph if towing a trailer, so most of these aforementioned dickheads on the mountain in the morning need apprehending

Hmm. If I planned to issue legal guidance on a public forum, I would have at least troubled to read / understand the relevant legislation and regulations beforehand. 

If you need a bit of refresher training to point you in the right direction, https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-traffic-and-motoring/drivers-and-vehicles/learning-to-drive/approved-driving-instructors/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yibble said:

Hmm. If I planned to issue legal guidance on a public forum, I would have at least troubled to read / understand the relevant legislation and regulations beforehand. 

If you need a bit of refresher training to point you in the right direction, https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-traffic-and-motoring/drivers-and-vehicles/learning-to-drive/approved-driving-instructors/

Presumably you appear to condone the driving of light goods vehicles in excess of the speed limits that others have been good enough to post then? Because I witness it every day, sign-written company vehicles and in a few cases, govt (DOI and MUA) vehicles too.

If I'm doing 50mph and I'm passed like I'm standing still then it's a reasonable assumption that the vehicle doing the passing is well over the class statutory speed limit.

10 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

So is there a definitive answer to my question ? should buses/mini buses be badged upped and restricted  in there top speed. Or is it optional, at work vehicles are said to be not road legal until they badged and will not let them on the road till they are fitted.

I’m pretty sure most of the speed limit stickers are voluntary nowadays. Mainly because modern hgv and bus/coach psv should have tachographs and speed limiters.

This may help

https://www.safety-label.co.uk/blogs/news/16052740-united-kingdom-national-speed-limit-information

49 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Hgv's do come with tachographs but not required on island. Judging by the UK information you have supplied our single/double decker buses would not be allowed above 40mph and mini buses would be 50mph as we have neither duel carriage or motorways. 👍

Those pesky fighting carriageways.

Theres dual carriageways outside the airport and on Ramsey Mooragh

• Like 1