On the Buses

Harry Lamb

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Hang on a wee min JW. I also said in the UK. You losing your touch or had too many gins in the N&B tonight? 😄

Ps. Been looking at an N&B. Looks reasonable value to you start adding extras....I mean essentials. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Indeed. 

Haven’t had the N&B for years.

The discussion, as diverted,  is about whether there are any dual carriageways on Island.

UK signage and National speed limits are irrelevant.

But the Manx Highway Code is relevant.

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Haven’t had the N&B for years.

The discussion, as diverted,  is about whether there are any dual carriageways on Island.

UK signage and National speed limits are irrelevant.

But the Manx Highway Code is relevant.

I confess to drifting off topic even further. It was loosely related to me saying that the only Dual Carriageway ahead sign I have ever seen on the IOM is by the airport.

It's 40mph there isn't it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I confess to drifting off topic even further. It was loosely related to me saying that the only Dual Carriageway ahead sign I have ever seen on the IOM is by the airport.

It's 40mph there isn't it. 

Yes, it’s 40, and the two other stretches are 30mph. But they aren’t signed. Don’t need to be signed. The sign isn’t necessary in urban setting in England either. Automatically 30 unless otherwise signed.

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, it’s 40, and the two other stretches are 30mph. But they aren’t signed. Don’t need to be signed. The sign isn’t necessary in urban setting in England either. Automatically 30 unless otherwise signed.

The same discussion was on MF in 2016.

51 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Correct. Can't even remember how we went from buses to dual carriageways but what the hell. I seem to recall something about Richmond hill and someone saying it was a dual carriageway. The rest is a blur. 

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Correct. Can't even remember how we went from buses to dual carriageways but what the hell. I seem to recall something about Richmond hill and someone saying it was a dual carriageway. The rest is a blur. 

This thread reminds me of the new quiz programme on Radio 4 where you have to find a connection between two totally un-related subjects. 

Some of us are on the buses.

19 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

This thread reminds me of the new quiz programme on Radio 4 where you have to find a connection between two totally un-related subjects. 

Some of us are on the buses.

Well I certainly didn't start the drift onto dual carriageways. 

I have lane assist. 

• Like 1