On the Buses

Harry Lamb

28 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't have it, I think that's the problem. There was a qualifying question asking whether you had it before you started the application. It did allow you to continue if you said no though.

The point being, they're pretty much the only show in town when it comes to busses. Where are they going to find 10 qualified bus drivers who aren't already working for them? They're probably hoping some will move over and help with their population targets.

I suspect they have 10 vacancies but are not willing to train anyone, bit like the ATC debacle. 

Yes. Spot on. That's what I thought too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auntie Depressant said:

Disappointing. So, are you going to apply to the bizzies instead? 

Haha, no thanks. I have a perfectly good job thanks, been here for 15 years now and no intention of leaving. 

Was more a case of calling out BV's latest half truths and lies.

When they started cancelling busses they came out and said they had ten vacancies - and yet they didn't have any adverts.

Surprisingly enough an add appeared about a day later - which is when I applied with predictable results.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Haha, no thanks. I have a perfectly good job thanks, been here for 15 years now and no intention of leaving. 

Was more a case of calling out BV's latest half truths and lies.

When they started cancelling busses they came out and said they had ten vacancies - and yet they didn't have any adverts.

Surprisingly enough an add appeared about a day later - which is when I applied with predictable results.

I know someone who applied and was waiting over 6 months for the paperwork to be done.  Not sure if this is typical of government HR procedures, but nothing will be getting solved quickly if that's the norm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I saw a DOI car the other day with a learner box thing on top like a driving instructors car.

What's that all about? Do they have a car you can just do your test in or something if you haven't got one? You wouldn't think there'd be much demand.

No idea, but what about them training new drivers is confusing to you?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Considering there as many as 8 being trained, it seems strange that only a serial government shill and well known bullshiter has seen them. 

What?  Government shill 😂

Do you not get out much, I passed three today.

One by the Co-Op in Onchan at about 2:55, heading up towards Tesco.

One on Peel Road this morning and another at Braddan Bridge.

Why on earth would I make that up.  If I could be arsed I would get you the dash cam footage to show you and everyone else how stupid you are being?

Are you actually denying that bus drivers were being trained today 😂

• Confused 1