On the Buses

Harry Lamb

8 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Just seen a very flash dark grey Merc single decker drive past. More shopping going on? 

Wouldn’t surprise me. If they have bought more new and flashier buses, the excuse will be they need them for all cruise passengers arriving. 

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

We've had this sort of thing in TT Week before when they trial some whizzy new bus and then decide they can't afford them.  But with Crookall back in charge who knows what cheques will get signed.

Yes, last TT we had a Mercedes Citaro EV (possibly the same one) and a Wrightbus double-decker EV. No orders followed. 

Apparently been lent for a trial.    We can’t afford these busses and even if we could we couldn’t afford the electricity even if  a special rate was given and the time they take to charge up would mean twice as many busses as we have now or a very depleted bus service.   I hope the Steam Packet charged them full whack and I hope the fair people get charged full whack as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I was on this the other day.

Was fine but no better than the buses we already have, which don’t seem to be that old.

Thought maybe we’d borrowed or rented them for extra passengers during TT

Whats going on?

Trying to relieve us of literally millions each for new ones, maybe they don't know Longtail has gone?