On the Buses

Harry Lamb

7 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Apparently been lent for a trial.    We can’t afford these busses and even if we could we couldn’t afford the electricity even if  a special rate was given and the time they take to charge up would mean twice as many busses as we have now or a very depleted bus service.   I hope the Steam Packet charged them full whack and I hope the fair people get charged full whack as well.

if someone is kind enough to crash into it it will have to stay here as it won't be permitted back on the boat due to possible  lipo fire risks ,  ( free bus parts )

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I was on this the other day.

Was fine but no better than the buses we already have, which don’t seem to be that old.

Thought maybe we’d borrowed or rented them for extra passengers during TT

Whats going on?

As ever Manx Radio follows where MF leads:

The Department of Infrastructure is trialling the use of an electric bus.

It says monitoring 'performance data' will help it work towards climate change targets.

The bus is on the Island for three weeks.

Government says the trial wasn't specifically arranged for TT fortnight but it is helping increase capacity.

What a coincidence, the previous 'trial' was in TT Week as well.   Though actually it's not a bad idea to test something out when it's going to get maximum use

Their picture seems to taken down the NSC where I seem to remember the previous trial bus seemed to spend most of its time as well.  Presumably none of the depots have the charging ability.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As ever Manx Radio follows where MF leads:

The Department of Infrastructure is trialling the use of an electric bus.

It says monitoring 'performance data' will help it work towards climate change targets.

The bus is on the Island for three weeks.

Government says the trial wasn't specifically arranged for TT fortnight but it is helping increase capacity.

What a coincidence, the previous 'trial' was in TT Week as well.   Though actually it's not a bad idea to test something out when it's going to get maximum use

Their picture seems to taken down the NSC where I seem to remember the previous trial bus seemed to spend most of its time as well.  Presumably none of the depots have the charging ability.

It's training

11 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Apparently been lent for a trial.    We can’t afford these busses and even if we could we couldn’t afford the electricity even if  a special rate was given and the time they take to charge up would mean twice as many busses as we have now or a very depleted bus service.   I hope the Steam Packet charged them full whack and I hope the fair people get charged full whack as well.

There always seem to be buses sitting down at the Lake Road depot.

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Their picture seems to taken down the NSC where I seem to remember the previous trial bus seemed to spend most of its time as well. 

Was parked up there at 0900 this morning too

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Whether we can or can’t afford these buses is really immaterial. I can see IOMG/DoI/Bus Vannin purchasing these buses, and the excuse being, climate change and IOM is leading the world.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Whether we can or can’t afford these buses is really immaterial. I can see IOMG/DoI/Bus Vannin purchasing these buses, and the excuse being, climate change and IOM is leading the world.

Maybe Banks Circus can graft tram wheels onto them and we can use them on the Promenade, Longtail's wet dreams will be complete.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

IOMG/DoI/Bus Vannin

So what's the pattern of flow of the brown envelopes take between Ise of Man and Germany?  Has Mercedes got a 'dodgy dossier' of photos of our leading parish councillors?

Other busses are available, believe it or not.

Edited by Utah 01

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

So what's the pattern of flow of the brown envelopes take between Ise of Man and Germany?  Has Mercedes got a 'dodgy dossier' of photos of our leading parish councillors?

Other busses are available, believe it or not.

You sound like the person on mannin line today saying that he believes the new director of buses comes with a free Mercedes car without any evidence!

• Like 1

The DOI would not be able to afford the spend needed unless they approach Tynwald for a whack of the £42 million that has been allocated for green measures, I wonder how much of that £42 million is left now I bet a few little sneaky chunks have been spent then of course there are the wages for the administrative staff that was set up.    No more Daphne’s baby of course she has bigger fish to fry.