Manx Telecom caught out by the TT - again

7 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This is in Mooragh Park. Is this temporary for the TT?

2024-05-31-124020-DSC_0862-resized.JPG.09869dd972854925d8ea3b201d7d608d.JPG

Seeing the sign, that's clearly something erected by the local Ramsey cats.

Forget AI and Terminator, cats are aiming to take over the world I tells yer. Clever little barstards cats are.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

This is in Mooragh Park. Is this temporary for the TT?

2024-05-31-124020-DSC_0862-resized.JPG.09869dd972854925d8ea3b201d7d608d.JPG

That gets rolled out every sprint day, whether or not it is actually doing anything is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

it must be really shit internet in douglas as the government webcams there think its still monday morning.  elsewhere the date and time is correct.

Edited by WTF

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Probably, it usually is.

It's been utter shit for years. There are loads of free alternatives, and I can't understand why anyone would continue to use it, but if they do they have no grounds for complaint.

1 hour ago, Harry Lamb said:

It's been utter shit for years. There are loads of free alternatives, and I can't understand why anyone would continue to use it, but if they do they have no grounds for complaint.

They have every grounds for complaint, it's a "service" MT provide, and like every other service they provide, it's utterly shite.

The idea that it's the users fault is ridiculous. If MT aren't capable of providing a useable service then they shouldn't provide it at all. 

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

They have every grounds for complaint, it's a "service" MT provide, and like every other service they provide, it's utterly shite.

The idea that it's the users fault is ridiculous. If MT aren't capable of providing a useable service then they shouldn't provide it at all. 

So you choose to use something that you know is shite, on the basis that it shouldn't be, and then complain that it's shite? It's your own poor decision, like supporting Man U or Everton.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

So you choose to use something that you know is shite, on the basis that it shouldn't be, and then complain that it's shite? It's your own poor decision, like supporting Man U or Everton.

I don't use it. I do think though that if you offer a service, it's reasonable for a user to expect it to be usable.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't use it. I do think though that if you offer a service, it's reasonable for a user to expect it to be usable.

Quite. But you don’t go back to a restaurant if it served you dross first time. 

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I would be surprised if any of our politicos not tried to use their MT mobile service. I would be very surprised if CM Cannan hasn’t tried to make a call or send an email on his phone etc. 

I think that our politicos don’t like to complain, as they are in with the likes of our telecom providers.

• Like 2