Manx Telecom caught out by the TT - again

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, finlo said:

Would Sure be any better seeing as they piggyback off of MT's network anyway?

Sure is who I’m with. But like you say , one down all down. MT supply Sure with network. Never can understand how that works yet Sure seem cheaper in lots of areas . But equally as bad as each other which you’d expect.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Sure have their own mobile network, their own mobile sites (masts etc).

I understand from a couple of friends that are on Sure that their network is performing better this week than MT (wouldn't be hard), although they also said (and I can back this up from personal experience) their customer service is equally as dire.

Yes they have their own masts etc but they're still reliant on MT's network, even though their parent C&W ran a major optic fibre across the island (between UK and Eire some years ago.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, finlo said:

Would Sure be any better seeing as they piggyback off of MT's network anyway?

Sure have their own mobile network and infrastructure 

It is better than telecom in some places, and worse in others

Edited by Roger Ram

21 hours ago, finlo said:

Yes they have their own masts etc but they're still reliant on MT's network, even though their parent C&W ran a major optic fibre across the island (between UK and Eire some years ago.

Unlikely the backhaul (i.e. where Sure partly use MT) is anywhere near capacity, it's the cell sites that will be overwhelmed

I spent a significant part of yesterday, various times, trying to phone Manx Telecom but no answer. My call was apparently "important to them". Are they all on holiday after a busy TT or are the phone lines carried out WFH. (those box sets won't watch themselves you know, and the garden has gone wild this year etc).

Manx Telecom has never been quite the same since the shareholder buyout and it became fully private .

Edited by Casta

17 minutes ago, Casta said:

I spent a significant part of yesterday, various times, trying to phone Manx Telecom but no answer. My call was apparently "important to them". Are they all on holiday after a busy TT or are the phone lines carried out WFH. (those box sets won't watch themselves you know, and the garden has gone wild this year etc).

Manx Telecom has never been quite the same since the shareholder buyout and it became fully private .

Coincidentally I had reason to call them yesterday for the first time in years.

The whole call including on hold time and the very helpful guy answering my query took five minutes.  I couldn’t fault then.

I also didn’t really have any issues over TT.  Occasionally I had to turn mobile data off and back on but that’s no big deal when the demand is so increased.  

IMG_1401.jpeg

Edited by Roger Ram
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2024 at 6:32 AM, Casta said:

I think it's more than they just don't give a shit.

On 6/11/2024 at 6:44 AM, Roger Ram said:

The whole call including on hold time and the very helpful guy answering my query took five minutes.  I couldn’t fault then.

I also didn’t really have any issues over TT.  Occasionally I had to turn mobile data off and back on but that’s no big deal when the demand is so increased.  

IMG_1401.jpeg

You're either very lucky or very employed by MT 

On 6/11/2024 at 6:44 AM, Roger Ram said:

IMG_1401.jpeg

The IOM and its politicos waffle on about first class infrastructure and how the island is world leading. Not being able to access mobile internet, or any internet is poor, and also with heavy demand for telecommunications access, I’m sure even the 4g coverage will drop. Incidentally was away over TT in one of the Spanish islands, got a SIM card with 5g data ……………. super fast coverage

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

Most people especially the elderly are not aware that Manx Telecom charge around £4.20 a month for a paper bill !! 

Helped another friend save £4.20 a month by switching  to e-billing .

I suspect that many are blissfully unaware of this rip off fee.

Edited by mad_manx
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Most people especially the elderly are not aware that Manx Telecom charge around £4.20 a month for a paper bill !! 

Helped another friend save £4.20 a month by switching  to e-billing .

I suspect that many are blissfully unaware of this rip off fee.

Eh?

Its written on the bill and a similar charge is applied by pretty much every utility provider in Britain, and probably has been for a decade or more.

29 minutes ago, english zloty said:

So a quick skim seems to suggest global warming (warmer weather) is contributing most to a reduction in energy consumption and success is employing extra staff to create more reports. 

overall, it’s hard to read and understand any managed successful outcomes 🫡

It’s 110 pages of unadulterated bullshit and waffle. What does it do for the man in the street, or taxpayer? Does @Moghrey Mieunderstand and is able to give us a brief synopsis, certainly any juicy bits? Rob Callister will probably be up all night dissecting this document.

Edited by 2112