Watch out, Watch out ………… there are thieves about.

14 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Now someone has nicked Costa’ s safe the one in Strand Street about 2.30 on Tuesday morning so it has taken until now for it to come to light the suspect was driving a Honda Jazz and power tools were used so a considerable noise must have been made.    The police are asking for help from the public.   

So Tuesday morning it gets discovered Thursday evening a media release is put out. How quick would you like it done in future?

14 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Now someone has nicked Costa’ s safe the one in Strand Street about 2.30 on Tuesday morning so it has taken until now for it to come to light the suspect was driving a Honda Jazz and power tools were used so a considerable noise must have been made.    The police are asking for help from the public.   

Seeing how much that place charges for coffee, it's safe to assume the perpetrator has now retired to a tropical island and bought himself a lambo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So Tuesday morning it gets discovered Thursday evening a media release is put out. How quick would you like it done in future?

Tuesday morning would be ideal or is two and a half days the benchmark for rapid response?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, finlo said:

Tuesday morning would be ideal or is two and a half days the benchmark for rapid response?

What if the details of the car etc weren't known then? I'm sure you'd whinge if something was put out saying there's been a burglary with no further details.

15 hours ago, Omobono said:

where are Paddy and Mike when you need them , never had this problem when there were regular police foot patrols in the street 

too busy sitting outside  Mc Donalds these days   modern day community police tactics     

So my son who is doing 12hr shifts for the two weeks of TT including nights isn't working hard enough for you? I think he deserves a coffee occasionally, don't you?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

What if the details of the car etc weren't known then? I'm sure you'd whinge if something was put out saying there's been a burglary with no further details.

They presumably knew a safe was gone.  For the IOM, that is quite an unusual crime, indeed any robbery/burglary is rare, let alone pinching a safe.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Omobono said:

where are Paddy and Mike when you need them , never had this problem when there were regular police foot patrols in the street 

too busy sitting outside  Mc Donalds these days   modern day community police tactics     

Well considering paddy and Mike worked day shifts I doubt they'd be in the street at 2.30am to stop it

29 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well considering paddy and Mike worked day shifts I doubt they'd be in the street at 2.30am to stop it

And hasn’t one been on extended sick leave?

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Seeing how much that place charges for coffee, it's safe to assume the perpetrator has now retired to a tropical island and bought himself a lambo.

Similar prices to cycle 360 and Noas for coffees