Watch out, Watch out ………… there are thieves about.

The police have put out an appeal for anyone who may have seen thieves stealing the safe at Costa Coffee on Strand Street. I’m surprised that the CCTV pictures haven’t yielded any results? 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

The police have put out an appeal for anyone who may have seen thieves stealing the safe at Costa Coffee on Strand Street. I’m surprised that the CCTV pictures haven’t yielded any results? 

images (57).jpeg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Seeing how much that place charges for coffee, it's safe to assume the perpetrator has now retired to a tropical island and bought himself a lambo.

If you're paying the asking price in Costa you're doing it wrong.

Buy gift cards 25% off

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lfc84 said:

If you're paying the asking price in Costa you're doing it wrong.

Buy gift cards 25% off

They don't give the discount all the time .

Also remember that there is no protection if they stop trading .  Even if you buy the gift card with a credit card you are not protected.. 

I suppose that it's okay if you just buy enough for a month or two each time and if you are regular there anyway ..

If you have a UK address and a UK mobile number you can apply for a curve card that gives an additional 1% cashback on  costa and many other retailers like Tesco/ M&S / Starbucks etc 

15 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Considering that we are practically a cashless society I would not expect there to be much cash in the safe.

But a lot of people still use it for smaller transactions such as buying a coffee and so on.  And lower levels of cash taken will mean they may bank it less regularly, so amount can build up.

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But a lot of people still use it for smaller transactions such as buying a coffee and so on.  And lower levels of cash taken will mean they may bank it less regularly, so amount can build up.

with what the banks charge business for banking cash they don't want you to buy your coffee with it.