Watch out, Watch out ………… there are thieves about.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Someone has nicked John McGuinnes’s racing leathers from his tent at the grandstand.😡

michael dunlops arai helmet instructions went missing too ,  there is a mini crime wave up there at the moment.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 3

On 5/31/2024 at 1:41 PM, Gladys said:

They presumably knew a safe was gone.  For the IOM, that is quite an unusual crime, indeed any robbery/burglary is rare, let alone pinching a safe.  

Last time I heard of a safe being stolen on the island it was from a butcher's shop in Peel in the mid-1990s.

It was dragged along the pavement to a flat over another shop a few doors down, manhandled upstairs, placed in the living room, and covered with a large tablecloth.

It took the cops several visits before they twigged what the "end table" really was. Allegedly one even sat on the edge of it while he spoke to the people in the flat.

The butcher's son was the culprit and IIRC he only got a slap on the wrist. He definitely didn't do any time for the crime. 

3 minutes ago, Zarley said:

The butcher's son was the culprit and IIRC he only got a slap on the wrist. He definitely didn't do any time for the crime. 

Did he have a beef with his father?

Hardly a disincentive...he should have got roasted for that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Did he have a beef with his father?

Hardly a disincentive...he should have got roasted for that.

The son certainly told the cops a few porkies when they came visit.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Last time I heard of a safe being stolen on the island it was from a butcher's shop in Peel in the mid-1990s.

It was dragged along the pavement to a flat over another shop a few doors down, manhandled upstairs, placed in the living room, and covered with a large tablecloth.

It took the cops several visits before they twigged what the "end table" really was. Allegedly one even sat on the edge of it while he spoke to the people in the flat.

anonymous  , them were the days , follow the scratches down the pavement to the culprits gaff , winner.

Edited by WTF
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We did have an armed robbery at (was it Safeway's then?) back of Chester St, now the vaccine centre.

Anyone else remember that? I met one of the guys responsible a few years back - he has since totally reinvented himself.

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

Redacted   , them were the days , follow the scratches down the pavement to the culprits gaff , winner.

Yes, but i didn't like to name him. It's not like hes a public figure. Any chance of an edit on your part?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Yes, but i didn't like to name him. It's not like hes a public figure. Any chance of an edit on your part?

i was naming the victim of the robbery who i believe is long gone rather than the culprit , he reminded me of jim bowen  with those milk bottle bottom glasses. 

Edited by WTF

45 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We did have an armed robbery at (was it Safeway's then?) back of Chester St, now the vaccine centre.

Anyone else remember that? I met one of the guys responsible a few years back - he has since totally reinvented himself.

is he an even bigger twat now then ?