Well Done To The Police

FCMR

After spending about 30 mins trying to get a parking space on the loading bays in Victoria St and Regent St, I had to give up. All these spaces were filled with cars, but before giving up I called the traffic police to complain, they came straight down and booked the lot, they even caught one teenager on a disabled spot with a disabled badge, he got booked too and that will be a big fine.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After spending about 30 mins trying to get a parking space on the loading bays in Victoria St and Regent St, I had to give up. All these spaces were filled with cars, but before giving up I called the traffic police to complain, they came straight down and booked the lot, they even caught one teenager on a disabled spot with a disabled badge, he got booked too and that will be a big fine.

"FFS" Haven't you got anything better to do.

I hope you feel very pleased with yourself "snitch".

grass.gif

(Actually, I hope that teenager gets a massive fine. I've made an example of 4 able bodied people that I've seen park in a disabled spot by ridiculing them and embarassing them enough to everyone within earshot to the extent where they had no choice but to slink back to their cars and move. Really annoys me)

they even caught one teenager on a disabled spot with a disabled badge, he got booked too and that will be a big fine.

Am I missing something here?

I thought that if you have a disabled badge, you were entitled to park in a disabled parking space.

Stav.

Yes, but it's only meant for physical disabilities  :P

So, because it was a teenager, he wasn't disabled.

Would the same reaction have happened if FCMR had said:

they even caught some old bloke on a disabled spot with a disabled badge

Actually, I've seen many physically fit people that drive cars with disabled badges but their passengers are the ones that are disabled.

Stav.

So, because it was a teenager, he wasn't disabled.
No. I didn't say that.

Would the same reaction have happened if FCMR had said:

they even caught some old bloke on a disabled spot with a disabled badge

No

It was actually meant as a light-hearted comment. I thought you might have seen it that way.

Actually, I've seen many physically fit people that drive cars with disabled badges but their passengers are the ones that are disabled.

Yes me too

Bill,

I wasn't having a pop at you.

I just don't see why it was assumed that the teenager wasn't legally parked.

Another thing is, I don't know why FCMR wanted to park in a loading bay in Victoria Street or why he felt the need to tell us about his experience.

Earlier today, I went into Game in Strand Street and for the first time ever, it was empty. Empty on a Saturday? I guess they were all out moving their cars from the loading bays in Victoria Street!

Stav.

OK

My comment was based on a bit of sarcasm I once heard a bobby use to a very sheepish driver who had parked on a disabled park (No disabled badge or passenger) I thought it was great, I suspect the poor driver didn't think so.

:D

And you're proud of that? It was a mean and dispicable thing to do.

The loading bays are for comercial vehicals only, they are for a reason and not for the likes of car drivers to abuse, how are van drivers going to get deliveries done, do they double park and block the road. The lad that was booked for being in a disabled spot was with an other teenager and both looked phisically fit. Some of you want to spend a day with a delivery driver and see the xxxx he has to put up with.

Archived