Well Done To The Police

FCMR

Some of you want to spend a day with a delivery driver and see the xxxx he has to put up with.

I do deliveries as part of my job and don't drive a p*ssing little van, I don't have any troubles when out in my 13tonne waggon can always find place to park in victoria street

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you always find a legal parking space in Victoria St or do you do what most do, park on the double yellow lines or are you just the most lucky wagon driver in town. We have plenty of multi story car parks in town car drivers should use them, not the specified loading areas.

Can you always find a legal parking space in Victoria St or do you do what most do, park on the double yellow lines or are you just the most lucky wagon driver in town. We have plenty of multi story car parks in town car drivers should use them, not the specified loading areas.

Yeah can always find place to park but then again my wagon has a permant permit I don't have to use a scratch one so I can also park in main shopping streets aswell.

Some of you want to spend a day with a delivery driver and see the xxxx he has to put up with.

I think I'd rather more want to spend the night with a delivery driver to be honest....

Always fancied the idea of a Yorkie man.

I think it serves the feckers right if they were parked where they shouldn't have been. I might not have reported them myself but like FCMR says those spaces are there for a reason so people who park in them when they know full well that shouldn't deserve it if they get caught.

There's a certain car that I've seen frequently parked on a disabled space overnight just above glen falcon and it pisses me off because it doesn't have a disabled badge in the window. I've been sorely tempted to leave a big sign on it on occasion.

After spending about 30 mins trying to get a parking space on the loading bays in Victoria St and Regent St, I had to give up. All these spaces were filled with cars, but before giving up I called the traffic police to complain, they came straight down and booked the lot, they even caught one teenager on a disabled spot with a disabled badge, he got booked too and that will be a big fine.

And you're proud of that? It was a mean and dispicable thing to do.

So don't break the law.

If the teenager in question had a disabled passenger then fair enough. Sounds like he didn't though...

Yeah, and on the face of this what FCMR did was a pretty shabby thing to do, but if you look closer, able-bodied people parking in a disabled space, or drivers blocking access to a business due to laziness, are shabbier tricks.

We need to break the "Anything Goes" attitude of the Island's drivers, before the chaos is irreversible.

Got to say well done to FCMR. Victoria Street is like many where drivers assume to right to dump their car for 5 minutes wherever they like.

BTW Message to the driver of car reg MAN 1... Putting your hazard warning lights on doesn't make it ok to park with the magority of your car mounted on the pavement on Prospect Hill. Not only does it obstruct pedestrians, you were on a bend and within the zig zags of the crossing.

Out of interest, what was so urgent that needed to be delivered on a Saturday in Victoria Street? Most businesses have deliveries Monday to Friday for exactly this reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning any illegal parking, I just don't think that moaning about it will solve the problem tbh!

Lesson No.1 If you want to be able to deliver something in Douglas, either do it during the week, after hours, find a suitable alternative parking space or take your chance with the rest of them.

On the point of truck drivers, a truck driver used to amuse himself by running over lawyers he would see walking down the side of the road. Every time he would see a lawyer walking along the road, he would swerve to hit him, and there would be a loud "THUMP" and then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the truck driver was driving along he saw a priest hitchhiking.

He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the truck over.

He asked the priest, "Where are you going, Father?".

"I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.

"No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck."

The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver continued down the road.

Suddenly the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road and instinctively he swerved to hit him. But then he remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so at the last minute he swerved back to the road, narrowly missing the lawyer. Even though he was certain he missed the lawyer, he still heard a loud "THUD." Not understanding where the noise came from he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything, he turned to the priest and said, "I'm sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer."

"That's okay," replied the priest. "I got him with the door."

Stav.

Yes I saw MAN 1 on the pavement at Prospect Hill of Friday, it was the Islands Governor and he was it the IOM Bank having his picture taken.

The reason I needed to park in Victoria St on a Saturday was that we are a Contracting firm who had work to do in one of the Banks when it was closed and under Health and safety regs, we can not store hazardous goods in the bulding in which we were working, we also had a permit to park all day in one of the loading bay areas

Archived