Public sector want inflation busting rises again

Banker

Mouse movers to combat surveillance from head office, they can not even monitor use of supposedly secure data bases (police workers admits misuse of data base, but they have no idea who is accessing what) so I think anyone working from home is free of scrutiny.

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The annual inflation-plus payrises

When was the last time the civil service got a pay rise that was higher than inflation?

10 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Cycle schemes?

Cycle to Work, which is available to private sector staff too.

30 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Maybe on the older contracts but not now I am financially worse off with no free parking and less benefits

That’s the truth. Most civil servants don’t get free parking, and the annual leave entitlement is shite. You get more job security, yes, but the wages reflect that.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

From several sources who are civil servants and some them make no secret of the fact that it’s accepted practice in some of the departments.

And your girlfriend is the sexiest woman  in the world, much hotter than mine. No, we wouldn’t know her, she lives in Canada.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Just for some sort of perspective. I joined Gov from private a couple years ago. Maybe on the older contracts but not now I am financially worse off with no free parking and less benefits - it’s not the land of milk and honey these days

Perspective is fine - but I suspect you’ll have a hard job convincing those contributors who have already made their minds up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

When was the last time the civil service got a pay rise that was higher than inflation?

2016 I think it was, the whole PS got a notable rise of @ 12% which was supposed to compensate for a previous number of years of below-inflation rises. Don't forget the standard 12 monthly increments to band maximum too. The below information is taken from a current Jobtrain-advertised Govt. vacancy.

Screenshot_20240616-210201_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Just for some sort of perspective. I joined Gov from private a couple years ago. Maybe on the older contracts but not now I am financially worse off with no free parking and less benefits - it’s not the land of milk and honey these days 

Tell @banker.  The benefits are no better than a decent private place these days, but the workload and accountability are night and day different.

Would you disagree?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

It’s accepted practice in plenty of private places as well.

No it isn’t that is an out and out lie. There is not one private sector employer who wants to see more people off sick than necessary. It’s established in IOM surveys that sickness rates in the public sector are way higher than in private businesses. You are clearly nothing but a troll. 

2 minutes ago, Radiolistner said:

No it isn’t that is an out and out lie. There is not one private sector employer who wants to see more people off sick than necessary. It’s established in IOM surveys that sickness rates in the public sector are way higher than in private businesses. You are clearly nothing but a troll. 

You didnt read the post I quoted then?

Are you banker in disguise?  You seem to be replying on his behalf?

• Like 1

Just now, Roger Ram said:

You didnt read the post I quoted then?

Are you banker in disguise?  You seem to be replying on his behalf?

No I’m just pointing out that given your reply above you're either

1. A liar

2. A troll

3. Mentally deranged

Either seems to work. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Don't forget the standard 12 monthly increments to band maximum too

Most bands only have three points so, whilst it’s better than a kick in there bollocks, it isn’t quite the amazing benefit you’re making it sound like.

The only decent benefit in the civil service is the pension.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, Non-Believer said:

Because they know full well that most of the private sector would not offer them the same generous terms that they already enjoy.

Why aren't private sector workers going for public sector jobs if it's so cushy then?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 8:45 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

Mouse movers to combat surveillance from head office, they can not even monitor use of supposedly secure data bases (police workers admits misuse of data base, but they have no idea who is accessing what) so I think anyone working from home is free of scrutiny.

Er, people should be judged on output, not by micromanaging their time and mouse movements.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:15 PM, Radiolistner said:

The post you're replying to wasn't talking about people being off sick.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Er, people should be judged on output, not by micromanaging their time and mouse movements.

Lots in public sector wouldn’t be paid much if they were being paid on output, it would reduce salary costs substantially!!

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots in public sector wouldn’t be paid much if they were being paid on output, it would reduce salary costs substantially!!

Not limited to public sector...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Why aren't private sector workers going for public sector jobs if it's so cushy then?

Why aren't they? There's plenty advertised...do you know why?