Public sector want inflation busting rises again

Banker

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

I’m not in the PSC precisely because the PSC terms and conditions are so shite. But good of you to lurch into the personal insults, I’ll take that to mean you know I’m right.

You clearly do work in the PSC as nobody with such an openly hostile shitty attitude could possibly work anywhere else. 

7 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I’m not in the PSC precisely because the PSC terms and conditions are so shite. But good of you to lurch into the personal insults, I’ll take that to mean you know I’m right.

I haven't insulted you and I know I'm right, I was in the festering mess myself long enough to know.

It's amazing how tetchy some public servants get when one starts to take a magnifying glass to their T&Cs though. Are you seriously trying to tell me that 39 days per year doesn't equate to nearly 8, 5-day weeks?

46 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I haven't insulted you and I know I'm right, I was in the festering mess myself long enough to know.

It's amazing how tetchy some public servants get when one starts to take a magnifying glass to their T&Cs though. Are you seriously trying to tell me that 39 days per year doesn't equate to nearly 8, 5-day weeks?

Where do you get 39 days from. 30 days is the maximum and I believe 25 for anyone that started after 2014

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Where do you get 39 days from. 30 days is the maximum and I believe 25 for anyone that started after 2014

Are you missing the bank/public holidays?

Somewhere there should be a "fully loaded head" costing of PS/CS headcount.

This should include all the bennies plus what it costs in infrastructure, heating, lighting, IT (so the Coven can monitor their website in work time), subsidised gym, subsidised canteen, bog rolls etc all the stuff that keeps them functioning.

The real costing of each head can be quite scary. A general a rule of thumb is you have to multiply the salary by at least 2 and maybe even 3 when you add in Public Servant's very generous holidays, pensions and sick days.

Don't get me started on how stupidly over-graded a lot of them are just for starters...

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yes of course. When did public holidays ever count as annual leave?

But they are paid days off. The claim started by a disagreement as to how many days off public servants got. Some one claimed it was 7-8 weeks. Someone else disputed.

Public servants get a number of days plus public holidays in their T&C, the minimum under employment legislation, the default, is inclusive of public holidays. It’s where IoM employment law diverges from UK employment law.

Here are the 2007 Regulations, for reference. So, in IoM the minimum of 20 days paid leave can include 10 days bank holidays.

IMG_5677.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

But they are paid days off. The claim started by a disagreement as to how many days off public servants got. Some one claimed it was 7-8 weeks. Someone else disputed.

Public servants get a number of days plus public holidays in their T&C, the minimum under employment legislation, the default, is inclusive of public holidays. It’s where IoM employment law diverges from UK employment law.

Here are the 2007 Regulations, for reference. So, in IoM the minimum of 20 days paid leave can include 10 days bank holidays.

IMG_5677.jpeg

I get your point about the law and the legal entitlement (or not as the case may be).

I must have been very lucky in my career as I have always had annual leave + public holidays. I have worked mostly in the private sector. 

My son works for Gregg's in the UK. He gets 20 days + public  holidays. He has to work some of the PHs but gets them back as lieu days.

The point I was trying to make though was the the public servants here do not get extremely good holidays. Fair enough, they are not hard done to, but they are not so much different to someone who has a decent job in the private sector. 

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Correction. He gets 21days + public holidays

https://www.greggsemployeebenefits.co.uk/

That’s one day more than the UK minimum, 10 days more than the Manx minimum.

We get at least two days more bank holidays than England.

public servants with their basic entitlement, privilege day, and bank/public holidays are on between 7 and 8 working weeks paid leave. Your son gets 6. Someone on the Manx statutory minimum gets 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

That’s one day more than the UK minimum, 10 days more than the Manx minimum.

We get at least two days more bank holidays than England.

public servants with their basic entitlement, privilege day, and bank/public holidays are on between 7 and 8 working weeks paid leave. Your son gets 6. Someone on the Manx statutory minimum gets 4.

You'll have to show your working

PSC IOM 20 days + PH

GREGGS 21 days + PH

Where did your extra 2 weeks come from? I make it 2 days extra here.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

You'll have to show your working

PSC IOM 20 days + PH

GREGGS 21 days + PH

Where did your extra 2 weeks come from? I make it 2 days extra here.

PSC isn’t 20 days plus PH

I had a mate in the Highway board a few years ago and he told me he had 30 days annual holiday 10 Bank holidays + 1 Privilege day?and a further 18 day's accrued making a total of 59 day's leave in the year and he told me it was hard to get all the holidays in and usually carried a few days over every year, although that was 10 years ago. I think it has changed since then.

• Thanks 1