Public sector want inflation busting rises again

Banker

We are closing medical facilities and cutting elective procedures and access to mental health provision but are still advertising for Biosphere Officers.

Somebody sane needs to get a grip of this place.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Mercenary said:

Wouldn't take Derek at face value, their website (https://www.biosphere.im/faq) explicitly says

10 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Bullshit. I woudn't take that website at face value either. No direct charge maybe, but I bet you have to be a member of Unesco to be able to qualify for unesco biosphere status. Look at unesco website for their funding, they are tranparent, but not to the level of our contribution. I emailed them a while back, but didn't get a response... 

I will stand corrected if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the assessment. And of course when you have to appoint someone to prepare the bid, it costs you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

We are closing medical facilities and cutting elective procedures and access to mental health provision but are still advertising for Biosphere Officers.

Somebody sane needs to get a grip of this place.

Have you written to your MHKs on this subject as many have?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you written to your MHKs on this subject as many have?

Yes, I have contacted Lawrie Hooper, I haven't yet received a reply (it was only yesterday) but frankly I'll be surprised if I do.

15 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes, I have contacted Lawrie Hooper, I haven't yet received a reply (it was only yesterday) but frankly I'll be surprised if I do.

He’s been on facebook responding to comments, basically saying he is fighting against the cuts but is a lone voice in comin and they have instructed the savings must be made, also indicating that he may have to consider his position if it becomes more of a conflict.