Tynwald Back Soon

ButterflyMaiden

They'll be brushing up on their hackneyed euphemisms such as

Energy From Waste

It''s a goddamn incinerator. It burns things and sends a lot of its nasty residue up the chimney. That monstrosity will never provides us with net energy.

Adjacent Isle

The United Kingdom, The rest of the British Isles, Westminster, anything anything but that phrase.

How pretentious can these people get.

Chief Minster (drawl-speach mode on) to the lovely Venessa Feltz . . . . we are self governing. That means we can do what we like

Doesn't the incinerator send electricity to the grid?

Yep it does!

SITA the company that runs it say it will produce 10% of manx demand. Check out:

SITA web site

That's crock! But I do think they generate something like 5% of IOM power.

The lovely PKF report says they produced 15,821 MWh from April 2004 to December 2004 at a cost to the MEA of £27 per MWH or 2.7p per unit.

The Island's Politicos will soon return from their well earned period of rest and recuperation. I wonder what odds we would get at the bookies for a bet that MEA will be top of the agenda again ?

Anyone got any other ideas for political hot potato when the new term starts ?

How do they tell the Public that the Ned Scandal has cost the Taxpayer over £400k to date.

And how much the new public enquiry into the Commisioners is going to cost

Dare I say . . . the speed limit.

This is a nice safe one for any politician.

All politicians, like us lot on the forum here, have an opinion on the Speed Limit and it is easy to get your voice heard. And for the politicians, probably with a low risk of losing too many votes at next year's election.

The subject provides a wonderful smoke screen for the likes of matters such as the MEA hoo-hah. Because we all seem to get bored soooo easily with that type of thing. I mean, all those £millions. Doncha just get sick of them talking about it? And there never is a 'public flogging' for us all to watch and gleefully rub our hands.

Mr Nobody again.

The incinerator seems to be a very expensive electricity generator, but it does have a cetain architectural style that complements the Power Station. So it's not all bad.

And of course the hospital. Well apparently we've all agreed "to draw a line under that one and move on" haven't we. But it really did go massively massively over budget.

This time next year we will all know who is throwing their hat into the ring for the general election in November.

Archived