Euro 24

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I was dissapointed.

I had Spain down 3-1 for a tenner at 23/1 😀

The Trump assassination attempt was the first prediction you've got right in 20 years on MF, do you think you were on a roll.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Declan said:

The Trump assassination attempt was the first prediction you've got right in 20 years on MF, do you think you were on a roll.

I dunno...I predicted over 20 years ago you'd still be a bearded hippy in 2024.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:18 AM, manxman1980 said:

At international level I think the Scottish fans tend to be much more good natured.  They go to enjoy the experience without any real expectations of winning. 

Now, those England fans on the other hand.  Again mostly fine but when they start singing about 2 world wars and on world cup and German bombers.  Eurgh.  That is skipping over the general hooliganism that seems to follow the English national team.

I think you’ll find that Manchester when hordes of huns descended upon them would disagree. Maybe not international but the same nationality. 

41 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I dunno...I predicted over 20 years ago you'd still be a bearded hippy in 2024.

I’ve never been a hippie. Being wrong 20 years ago and still being wrong 20 years later is not the same as making an accurate prediction. 

10 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

What are you referring too? 

2008 The UEFA cup final held in Manchester around 200'000 Rangers fans went to Manchester and left a bit of a mess. As time has gone on you'd think the fans had dropped bombs on the place and demolished buildings 

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

2008 The UEFA cup final held in Manchester around 200'000 Rangers fans went to Manchester and left a bit of a mess. As time has gone on you'd think the fans had dropped bombs on the place and demolished buildings 

That makes a little more sense now although why you would call Scotland fans "huns" is still beyond me.  Even your second sentence above doesn't really make sense as things in Manchester have improved since 2008 with a lot of new developments and investment being made. 

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

That makes a little more sense now although why you would call Scotland fans "huns" is still beyond me.  Even your second sentence above doesn't really make sense as things in Manchester have improved since 2008 with a lot of new developments and investment being made. 

Hun is a sectarian derogatory remark that Celtic fans (and fans of other clubs) use on Rangers fans, so while it wasn't "scotland" supporters the majority would have been Scottish fans down in Manchester

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Hun is a sectarian insult. 

Are you sure Manchester’s improved during the Tory years? 

Edited by Declan

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Hun is a sectarian insult. 

Are you sure Manchester’s improved during the Tory years? 

It has a Labour Mayor and mostly Labour councils plus the Tories have been holding their party conference their so had to do something. 

7 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Hun is a sectarian derogatory remark that Celtic fans (and fans of other clubs) use on Rangers fans, so while it wasn't "scotland" supporters the majority would have been Scottish fans down in Manchester

Thanks.  Didn't realise it was a sectarian insult.

When I was referring to Scottish fans I had the international ones in mind rather than those at club level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It has a Labour Mayor and mostly Labour councils plus the Tories have been holding their party conference their so had to do something. 

Austerity is a Tory policy.

My experience is homelessness and poverty has increased almost year on year during those years. Yeah there's been building and the Northern Quarter is fun but it is obviously not improved in recent years.