Euros

Roger Ram

6 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Football fans often get bad press, but to be fair, I walked along the North Quay on my way home and there was no sign of trouble at all.

It may have been because the punters were well outnumbered by the  bouncers, but even so.

FB_IMG_1718908206322.jpg

What was it like tonight?

It’s a good idea and more kudos to them for trying, the only reason it’s not busy is because it’s bloody freezing, it should be 20 odd degrees and wearing t shirts but the idea of standing outside wearing a beanie and coat does not tickle many. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gizo said:

It’s a good idea and more kudos to them for trying, the only reason it’s not busy is because it’s bloody freezing, it should be 20 odd degrees and wearing t shirts but the idea of standing outside wearing a beanie and coat does not tickle many. 

FC IOM were getting crowds up to two thousand in freezing temperatures. It was nice and warm this afternoon.

The reason it wasn't busy is because the hype surrounding England exists nowhere but in the tabloid press and a few gammons from the SE of England.

I'm not surprised no one got excited, it was like watching a coffin warp. Southgate should market himself as a sleep aid !

First top team England meet they are gone hopefully so is the manager.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

No shit Sherlock. It was like a morgue down there though. 

Rovers was standing room only. Must be something to do with good beer at reasonable prices (and being warm).