"'No reason to doubt' Liverpool terminal will open this month"

HelmutX

If you nip up to Bobby Sadler's you will see the new landing stage to allow the Mananin to unload foot passengers at the new Liverpool landing stage, not being built by their own engineers using a crew from across. How much did the floating sky bridge cost and why was the fact different vessels would be using it not planned or designed. What a bunch of incompetent twats.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

If you nip up to Bobby Sadler's you will see the new landing stage to allow the Mananin to unload foot passengers at the new Liverpool landing stage, not being built by their own engineers using a crew from across. How much did the floating sky bridge cost and why was the fact different vessels would be using it not planned or designed. What a bunch of incompetent twats.   

Indeed, cruise ship docks have ones that can move up and down sideways etc to suit the exit points of multiple vessels.

2 hours ago, Mikimoto said:

Does this mean the nice boat will also get to sail there sometimes, linking everyone easily to the whole of England?

Or still stuck with the scuzzy ones?

The connection to the new boat is not the problem as the boat and skybridge are compatible. Not sure about the Ben, but they cannot disgorge the teeming masses to and from the shopping area (just like every ride at Disney)another bright idea by some face less prick who sold  them the design. Will the terminal have a cafe area selling fresh food and drink and 8 months down the line close to be replaced by a couple of vending machines, Heysham has a captive bunch of travelers with nothing available within miles and that is the model that works. Why would you pay for the shite offerings at a terminal when you have a City on the doorstep or are we going to have to check in a minimum of 4 hours before hand.

Sorry rant over, no doubt better people than me know better. And non of the above may be true, returning via Liverpool in September so will wait till then. But then may just sit in me vehicle with a paaaaasti and coffee from Gregg's and not actually need to go in, apart for a skeet.

Sorry if it is open by then ?.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
Assumption
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, finlo said:

Well they have had 100 million+ to play with!

I meant the cruise ship ones. I would have thought it was cheaper to adopt the shore end to fit the boat rather than the boat to fit any port. But could be wrong. 

As far as I could tell there is not going to be any alteration to the skybridge(I know its probably not the right name but close enough) just an old school gantry for the Mannanin. If they had done the same for the Manxman could at a guess with all electronics/control safety system hydrolics and fabrication about £3-4 million. A mere drop I know but every little helps.

You will never convince me that all the alternatives were explored before we went ahead with Liverpool Centre. I also can't see any way the business case would stack up with lack of freight, and the winter months running a facility as we are going to do. The football and shopping traffic do not justify this, not at 100 million, plus of course ongoing staffing and running costs. It is a millstone on the SPCO ( AKA Taxpayers). This project has vanity written all over it nothing more.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, asitis said:

You will never convince me that all the alternatives were explored before we went ahead with Liverpool Centre. I also can't see any way the business case would stack up with lack of freight, and the winter months running a facility as we are going to do. The football and shopping traffic do not justify this, not at 100 million, plus of course ongoing staffing and running costs. It is a millstone on the SPCO ( AKA Taxpayers). This project has vanity written all over it nothing more.

Just thank god they didn't start to build a Cruise Terminal, it was going to start at £80million. 

• Like 1