"'No reason to doubt' Liverpool terminal will open this month"

HelmutX

5 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Presumably this is a real cost that DOI would have had to pay the contractor (as a change). I get that it's disappointing, but if there is a real cost and they did not have budget for it (clearly way off) then that is the reality.

Or, maybe, as patients get sent off island for treatment, and DoI already provide a space at the airport, they should have included somewhere from design stage. It’s not a luxury. It’s essential. More people will use it than a changing places facility

My recollection is that there were design stage discussions, a yes from DoI and SPCo, then a change of mind, then a reluctant yes, but only if you pay.

Theres some very ill people, unable to fly, use the ferry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seem to be some small numbers involved here. In round numbers, with lots of zeros on the end, £20,000 as a percentage of £100 million is 0.02%.

What is the annual loss of income from MHKs not paying for car parking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

That’s not been the case in any EU airport I’ve been to in the last several years. You can often go airside through to departures from arrivals, but you can’t usually go the other way.

At AMS you exit the aircraft on arrival from the UK and see people waiting  to board the  same aircraft ..There is no security barrier separating  you ( arriving   passenger) from the departing  passengers.. 

Same with PRG ..

In both these places while  you walk towards the passport control you see people waiting for their flights.  I.e same shops / restaurants etc can be used by arriving and departing  passengers airside.

Edited by mad_manx

On 7/2/2024 at 6:39 PM, John Wright said:

I’m vaguely associated in a semi detached way, as I help run the Patient Transfer FB page with one of the main movers.

The £20k covers two larger rooms, for nearly a decade, with refurbs, more furniture, TV,  etc.

They aren’t perfect. Ronaldsway is landside, before security. But there’s a promise of a lounge airside when the departure lounge is refurbed.

Speke doesn’t have a door, it’s a side room off the concourse at the top of the escalators after duty free, behind the lift. It’s on the way to the faith room so it’s quiet.

As far as I’m aware the £16,000 was for a partition wall and door. Never had to pay for structural stuff before. And it was agreed before the structural stuff was completed.

DoI have installed disabled toileting facilities and a changing room. They didn’t get a charity capital contribution towards those.

Surely they are legally obliged?

7 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Surely they are legally obliged?

Disabled facilities, such as adapted accessible ( unisex ) WC, yes, ramps/level access, yes, but not a changing places room or a quiet room  for ill passengers

• Like 1