Where are all the people

GMOLY

1 hour ago, GMOLY said:

So we have an undisclosed number of illegal immigrants here on our island.

We always have had. it started with the English, then the Vikings etc etc.

Now, as long as you are inside the Common Travel Area, you're free to travel to the IOM without immigration checks.

He was arrested at Heathrow on the 16th, and appeared in court here on the 19th. Speedy.

If the British police had the option to prosecute him, maybe they thought he would get a worse deal from the IoM judicial system than from the British system.

Out for a walk last evening and saw more than the usual chaps of African sort of origin, with mobile phones, nice new clothes and the obligatory bright white trainers. But they could well be helping out at the hossy or whatever, or engineers and that. Strong after shave too. Might be looking for a local lass or two. Fair play to 'em.

Edited by Barlow
  • Confused 1

Next thing you know, as you walk down Strand Street they will be offering you a fake Rolex or a pair of sunglasses. Or a genuine Gucci handbag - not much use to me though. Or the sunglasses, at the moment.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I heard a good while ago, that there is a situation whereby if you apply for a visitation visa, it is easy to get into the uk. You can then travel  here and support yourself for a length if time. After that, you can return to the uk and claim all sorts of benefits. 

Apparently there are you tube videos telling exactly how to do it. 

50 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Out for a walk last evening and saw more than the usual chaps of African sort of origin, with mobile phones, nice new clothes and the obligatory bright white trainers. But they could well be helping out at the hossy or whatever, or engineers and that. Strong after shave too. Might be looking for a local lass or two. Fair play to 'em.

15 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Next thing you know, as you walk down Strand Street they will be offering you a fake Rolex or a pair of sunglasses. Or a genuine Gucci handbag - not much use to me though. Or the sunglasses, at the moment.

Jesus.  Really?

No wonder the island is a laughing stock to many.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Out for a walk last evening and saw more than the usual chaps of African sort of origin, with mobile phones, nice new clothes and the obligatory bright white trainers. 

That’s a bit like saying I went out on the prom the other night and as we strolled along I suddenly realized that I’m a massive racist who simply couldn’t envisage how all these African people ended up being legally situated in the Isle of Man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1