Where are all the people

GMOLY

4 hours ago, GMOLY said:

So we have an undisclosed number of illegal immigrants here on our island.

Do we, or was the letter offering employment a means to get round UK immigration without the people actually needing to arrive here?  

If the letters offering employment were fake, you would hardly expect the prospective 'employee' to turn up in the doorstep of whatever nursing home the letter was supposed to be from without someone raising an issue.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Out for a walk last evening and saw more than the usual chaps of African sort of origin, with mobile phones

Africans with mobile phones??

I trust you informed the (Loch Promenade) church elders.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Do we, or was the letter offering employment a means to get round UK immigration without the people actually needing to arrive here?  

If the letters offering employment were fake, you would hardly expect the prospective 'employee' to turn up in the doorstep of whatever nursing home the letter was supposed to be from without someone raising an issue.  

Yay.

Someone who actually read the article and understood it.

7 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Yay.

Someone who actually read the article and understood it.

Well, not really, because I don't understand how immigration to the UK and then here, actually works. 

What role would the fake entry certificates play?  I am guessing both the letter and certificate was intended to show UK immigration that the person had permission to come here for employment.  Whether they actually made that last leg of the trip, I think, is probably doubtful and it would be more likely be that they would disappear into the UK woodwork,  but I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, not really, because I don't understand how immigration to the UK and then here, actually works. 

What role would the fake entry certificates play?  I am guessing both the letter and certificate was intended to show UK immigration that the person had permission to come here for employment.  Whether they actually made that last leg of the trip, I think, is probably doubtful and it would be more likely be that they would disappear into the UK woodwork,  but I don't know. 

I would think you are right.

The insinuation in the original post that the island is full of illegals is in my opinion severely misleading 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

I would think you are right.

The insinuation in the original post that the island is full of illegals is in my opinion severely misleading 

Sad situation, nevertheless, for the individuals. 

There was a documentary on BBC earlier this week about how some illegal immigrants were, allegedly, treated by the Greek border forces, ie taken back to sea and set adrift on inflatable dinghies to await whatever fate befell them.  Quite shocking. 

Well, my made in Nigeria Rolex lasted for years, impressed many, good on them!!!

I think this is an attempt to stir up anti immigrant feelings, a la Farage, good to see many opposite views?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I heard a good while ago, that there is a situation whereby if you apply for a visitation visa, it is easy to get into the uk. You can then travel  here and support yourself for a length if time. After that, you can return to the uk and claim all sorts of benefits. 

Apparently there are you tube videos telling exactly how to do it. 

FYI You Tube has a search facility should you wish to enlighten us with your Apparently 

There’s definitely something not right with immigration to the IOM. I know someone who got a 1 year visa for a certain employment and has never worked there and is working as a driver . Apparently he’s got temp visa till his case is heard for permitted leave to remain. How can or does that work. And they want to get rid of work permits. And he’s not remotely from anywhere in Europe. Far further afield . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

FYI You Tube has a search facility should you wish to enlighten us with your Apparently 

Please post it when you find it. I don’t look for or search for racist or extremist right wing posts. 

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

There’s definitely something not right with immigration to the IOM. I know someone who got a 1 year visa for a certain employment and has never worked there and is working as a driver . Apparently he’s got temp visa till his case is heard for permitted leave to remain. How can or does that work. And they want to get rid of work permits. And he’s not remotely from anywhere in Europe. Far further afield . 

Does it matter, and is he doing you any harm? 

• Like 3