Where are all the people

GMOLY

36 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Please post it when you find it. I don’t look for or search for racist or extremist right wing posts. 

But the Logarithm still finds you.

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Does it matter, and is he doing you any harm? 

He’s not and that was not the point I was making. Just reinforcing the point that it all seems a bit lax currently. I have no problem with anyone coming here wanting to work. But if there’s systems in place to check and make sure there’s not people abusing that procedure. In my experience most coming in legally and through approved channels are a benefit to the Island and are hard workers. 

Just now, Numbnuts said:

He’s not and that was not the point I was making. Just reinforcing the point that it all seems a bit lax currently. I have no problem with anyone coming here wanting to work. But if there’s systems in place to check and make sure there’s not people abusing that procedure. In my experience most coming in legally and through approved channels are a benefit to the Island and are hard workers. 

But is he abusing the system?  It seems he is supporting himself through work.

Just now, Gladys said:

But is he abusing the system?  It seems he is supporting himself through work.

That’s correct and admirable but he was given a visa/work permit for a particular role and he’s never worked in that role or indeed for that organisation. The job he’s currently doing is not a skilled job just requires a driving licence . Again in the big picture Indont have a problem with that but makes you wonder what checks are carried out and follow up are done to the issue of these various visas . It would seem clear that something’s not right with the arrest of this guy for facilitating people to arrive here maybe illegally. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Who was left homeless immigrants, or locals who were denied somewhere to live because of immigrants?  

Immigrants that weren't told their jobs were temporary or didn't really exist

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That’s correct and admirable but he was given a visa/work permit for a particular role and he’s never worked in that role or indeed for that organisation. The job he’s currently doing is not a skilled job just requires a driving licence . Again in the big picture Indont have a problem with that but makes you wonder what checks are carried out and follow up are done to the issue of these various visas . It would seem clear that something’s not right with the arrest of this guy for facilitating people to arrive here maybe illegally. 

Do you know why he isn't working in the role he got the visa/work permit for?  Did it exist?

Also Sagar Joon suggests someone of Asian/Korean origin dealing with Asian people. All this stuff about Africans is basically just unbelievably racist based on a random walk across the prom. I saw some black faces. They must be people trafficked into the IOM. Because why else would some Africans be on the prom with mobile phones and white shoes if they weren’t here illegally. 

12 minutes ago, Radiolistner said:

Also Sagar Joon suggests someone of Asian/Korean origin dealing with Asian people. All this stuff about Africans is basically just unbelievably racist based on a random walk across the prom. I saw some black faces. They must be people trafficked into the IOM. Because why else would some Africans be on the prom with mobile phones and white shoes if they weren’t here illegally. 

Interestingly the person I know about is Asian. Makes you wonder….. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Interestingly the person I know about is Asian. Makes you wonder….. 

Most of the current trafficking seems to be Asian. A good part of the King Gaming investigation seems to be Chinese people trafficking into the IOM. Most of the investigations seem to be centering around links through China and the Philippines. So it just makes me laugh when the Alf Garnets come out because they’ve seen a few black faces on the prom on their evening stroll. 

1 minute ago, Radiolistner said:

Most of the current trafficking seems to be Asian. A good part of the King Gaming investigation seems to be Chinese people trafficking into the IOM. Most of the investigations seem to be centering around links through China and the Philippines. So it just makes me laugh when the Alf Garnets come out because they’ve seen a few black faces on the prom on their evening stroll. 

Yes I hear what you’re saying . There’s actually probably 7 at least of African descent in my street who have all arrived in the last 6 months approx. I don’t have a problem in any way , I’ve spoken to most of them and they all seem nice and keep themselves to themselves . At least 2 families in amongst them . No trouble or seemingly dubious behavior so it’s all fine with me. Don’t care about a persons skin colour and never have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes I hear what you’re saying . There’s actually probably 7 at least of African descent in my street who have all arrived in the last 6 months approx. I don’t have a problem in any way , I’ve spoken to most of them and they all seem nice and keep themselves to themselves . At least 2 families in amongst them . No trouble or seemingly dubious behavior so it’s all fine with me. Don’t care about a persons skin colour and never have. 

You wont see the trafficked ones in residential areas anyway. They're all renting really nice 6 bed houses on private exec estates and putting 20 odd people up in them in sleeping bags.