What is this about?

Gladys

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Without wanting to speculate, but for an inspection at the end of last week and then this, you have to wonder if there is a little over-zealousness in the outcome.  

If there were issues found, you would think the first action would be to work with the school to put them right.  You know, identify, address and learn kind of cycle. 

You’d think so, but the Ofsted approach in the UK is to bully good people until they kill themselves and then laugh about it afterwards. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

You’d think so, but the Ofsted approach in the UK is to bully good people until they kill themselves and then laugh about it afterwards. 

That is the same approach as any regulator.  Take a look at the FSA.  They bathe in the success of ruining peoples businesses and lives. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The letter sent to parents and carers is online.   It just states what has happened as above.   The MHK  has said all will be revealed in the fullness of time or words to that affect.

She also said there were no safeguarding issues, so that is, indeed, a relief. 

23 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The letter sent to parents and carers is online.   It just states what has happened as above.   The MHK  has said all will be revealed in the fullness of time or words to that affect.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-safeguarding-issues-at-school-where-headteacher-has-been-seconded-says-mhk/

Fear not, Saint Michelle is on the case!

There has certainly been a lot of rumblings about the management of Rushen Primary School in this part of the isle for a good while 🤔

4 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

The school changed after a wonderful Head Master Mr Little retired in the early 70's!

I disagree, although your timing is about right. The school changed when they removed The Shrubbery and replaced it with a car park.

I believe they kept a little bit for wildlife and fauna lessons. Someone for a larf planted a load of cannabis seeds. They grew quite well apparently.

Edited by Casta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Casta said:

I disagree, although your timing is about right. The school changed when they removed The Shrubbery and replaced it with a car park.

I believe they kept a little bit for wildlife and fauna lessons. Someone for a larf planted a load of cannabis seeds. They grew quite well apparently.

Aye, fair comment. I was at either at CRHS or in employment when the Shrubbery was removed - it kept the girls and the boys separated and was patrolled by the ever so child friendly Hetty. 

• Like 2