The Sea wall getting built in the City of Douglas

Fred the shred

This is according to IOM Today…. The cost of the sea wall that is being built currently has doubled due to materials and Labour it is now over £100,000.   Then there are photos showing how wonderful it will be it hasn’t  been received very well judging by the comments.  Well worth a look and for once no heads have been cut off.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/pictures-as-new-ps900000-sea-wall-in-douglas-starts-to-take-shape-701126

Pics and figures. 

To be honest, it basically looks the same as the wall up near the sunken gardens, with concrete pedestals and railings in between.  Except this removes the railings. 

Also note how it is not towering over any of the average height workers, so you'll still be able to see the sea, assuming you're not 5 or a midget. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

The lump that was next to the war memorial the other week when I was last in Douglas looked really shit. If that's the plan for the whole thing they're going to get some serious abuse.

Apparently I saw something to say that was just a test bit & not permanent 

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

This is according to IOM Today…. The cost of the sea wall that is being built currently has doubled due to materials and Labour it is now over £100,000.   Then there are photos showing how wonderful it will be it hasn’t  been received very well judging by the comments.  Well worth a look and for once no heads have been cut off.

And it will double again yet...

• Like 3

Douglas Council is starting a new trend - Distressed Architecture. It is designed to look like it has been around for years.

It will be the centre-fold in next month's Avant Garde Architecture (they will have to make sure there are no clams in the photo).

[I have a vague memory that they knocked lumps of concrete off the outside of Summerland, to give it the "distressed" look. But exposed the rebar, which then became rusted]

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Douglas Council is starting a new trend - Distressed Architecture. It is designed to look like it has been around for years.

It will be the centre-fold in next month's Avant Garde Architecture (they will have to make sure there are no clams in the photo).

[I have a vague memory that they knocked lumps of concrete off the outside of Summerland, to give it the "distressed" look. But exposed the rebar, which then became rusted]

I don’t think this is anything to do with the council is it?