Tynwald Day - Guess who's coming?

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

they do offer seats to … various heads of tribunals,

I’ve chaired over a dozen different tribunals over 30+ years, sitting, literally hundreds of times. Never been invited or offered a seat. 

Im feeling unloved and left out.

48 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s reserved seats which are allocated out of Tynwald secretary office 

Nope - they have to be paid for - unless you have a link to something. The Manx Festival Chorus may get some free seats though.

image.thumb.png.f31e4a951094b5e641648e95bae25ac4.png

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve chaired over a dozen different tribunals over 30+ years, sitting, literally hundreds of times. Never been invited or offered a seat. 

Im feeling unloved and left out.

What’s Banker got that you haven’t got, JW?

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

What’s Banker got that you haven’t got, JW?

I’m more worried about what all the other tribunal chairs have got, that I haven’t got!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Ram said:

We might go, might not.  Depends on the weather and what’s on elsewhere on the island and any other invitations that come in for the day

I have a mental image of Dave’s house, the mantelpiece festooned with old-fashioned card invitations, all for events taking place on Tynwald Day…

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I have a mental image of Dave’s house, the mantelpiece festooned with old-fashioned card invitations, all for events taking place on Tynwald Day…

All received by carrier seagull?

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m more worried about what all the other tribunal chairs have got, that I haven’t got!

Apparently the answer is a free ticket to the Tynwald Grandstand

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Apparently the answer is a free ticket to the Tynwald Grandstand

Maybe it’s just statutory boards and charities then , thought tribunal heads got them as well. They’re allocated in pairs and completely free but never seen many takers over the years. The Tynwald garden party is different and everyone likes those , afternoon tea, band playing, beautiful gardens etc although no alcohol!

Edited by Banker

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Maybe it’s just statutory boards and charities then , thought tribunal heads got them as well. They’re allocated in pairs and completely free but never seen many takers over the years. The Tynwald garden party is different and everyone likes those , afternoon tea, band playing, beautiful gardens etc although no alcohol!

I'm on the PSPA board and was offered a couple of tickets last year.  I declined.  Not really my thing, pomp and ceremony.

18 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

I noticed the lumps of concrete barriers a la “you ain’t driving a feckin truck on here” have appeared on the green and near the entertainment marquee..

That's to stop all the push bikes and prams