Tynwald Day - Guess who's coming?

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I'm on the PSPA board and was offered a couple of tickets last year.  I declined.  Not really my thing, pomp and ceremony.

I wish the MHKs would stop wearing that silly morning dress or whatever it's called.

Mind you Peter Karran gave us all a good laugh when he chose the XXL model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I wish the MHKs would stop wearing that silly morning dress or whatever it's called.

Mind you Peter Karran gave us all a good laugh when he chose the XXL model.

Wish they’d drop the Honorable handle.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Has the title Honourable been used since the beginning of time, or has it been recently introduced?

They seem to have always referred to each others as 'hon members' in Tynwald, but as a title for Ministers it seems more recent - or at least they are more insistent on its use.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

I'm on the PSPA board and was offered a couple of tickets last year.

I had to look up what PSPA stands for. According to the Internet it stands for Pin Ball Spare Parts.

Anyway, my neighbour is very impressed with your work on her replacement hip. No doubt she would thank you if she ever finds out how to use this computer stuff. I won't tell her anything about the pin-ball machine spare parts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I had to look up what PSPA stands for. According to the Internet it stands for Pin Ball Spare Parts.

Anyway, my neighbour is very impressed with your work on her replacement hip. No doubt she would thank you if she ever finds out how to use this computer stuff. I won't tell her anything about the pin-ball machine spare parts...

Public Sector Pension Authority

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They seem to have always referred to each others as 'hon members' in Tynwald, but as a title for Ministers it seems more recent - or at least they are more insistent on its use.

So far as MP's are concerned they can only address the Speaker. They aren't allowed to address individual members or even name another Member. Only the Speaker can directly call the name of a Member. It's supposed to encourage a polite tone and help maintain good order and honourable conduct during debate. I'm sure it works as well in Tynwald as it does at Westminster...

PS if they're walking around outside parliament/Tynwald insisting on being referred to as 'Honourable' then they're being dicks. It only applies in debate. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

post-2251-0-52246100-1398381456_thumb.jpg

he's looking for foggy and clegg

i remeber seeing peter kelly of you can't knock that old building down fame quite a few years ago dressed up in that daft outfit and he looked like the penguin

Edited by WTF

9 minutes ago, WTF said:

he's looking for foggy and clegg

i remeber seeing peter kelly of you can't knock that old building down fame quite a few years ago dressed up in that daft outfit and he looked like the penguin

Something in the name Peter - Murcott, Kelly, Karran, Sutcliffe……

• Haha 1