Tynwald Day - Guess who's coming?

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

This picture may well be from it, but,..

it's my own photo taken abt 9.30am - I did a 2nd take when I saw the group I quickly got my small camera out and the group were kind enough to move for a photo

Plenty of bullied children posing as police persons there today, scarily many with guns.  Even had the stingers out along the road too. Absolutely over the top and completely unnecessary. 
But schooey has got them all gunned up. 

There was a moment when I listened to proceedings on MR (had it on in the background) just before the flyover, with a band playing some majestic tune, when the tune sounded to me more like 'La Cucaracha'.  (Sp) 

Posted (edited)

There’s so much interesting stuff happening around the fair field- food, drink, dancing, the delicate sound of 60 stall holders all repeatedly shouting that Manx Telecom are a set of useless fuckers- that I’d  genuinely conduct a  welfare check on anyone who’d pay five Manx pounds to sit on a bench and watch Laurence Skelly, DJ Gammon, and Tory Boy Cannan ponce about in top hat and tails.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Haha 5

On 7/4/2024 at 10:01 AM, John Wright said:

Ralph sold Balladoole, in the late 1960’s and built a new bungalow just over the railway bridge on Malew Road. It was daubed with nationalist grafiti about tax dodgers/comeovers  not being welcome. He was upset about that, given, by then, 550 unbroken years of family residence.

The Isle of Man nationalists were thick as mince and still are. They were very naughty and childish, even those that weren't children.

Were there any little nationalist shits living nearby who might carry out such a nasty uncalled for act? 

"Richard and Alison Jones submitted a joint petition which called for improvements to the legislation surrounding land registration in the island.

Their concern surrounds land that is registered under a ‘deed’ using advocates. Alison commented: ‘Deed registrations are not recognised under the new system.

‘It doesn’t matter if you’ve had a deed put in place, even if you have a mortgage over a property on the land, this is not recognised as evidence of title.

‘This has happened to us, and two-thirds of our land has been registered away from us.’

"

Any idea what this one refers to, from the more legally minded posters?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/the-ordinary-people-who-put-forward-their-grievances-in-person-on-tynwald-day-2024-702488

17 hours ago, Gizo said:

Plenty of bullied children posing as police persons there today, scarily many with guns.  Even had the stingers out along the road too. Absolutely over the top and completely unnecessary. 
But schooey has got them all gunned up. 

Did they really have guns out and the stingers on the road?

20 hours ago, WTF said:

very good , what is manx for useless cunts ??   i'm guessing it's tynwald ???

Yes, the stingers were out, where the road was closed off towards Peel

We were enjoying a cuppa in Greens when a young buck of a policeman strode past with a gun. To be fair we thought not too much of it, it seems the way these days, at airports etc.

20 hours ago, Frances said:

it's my own photo taken abt 9.30am - I did a 2nd take when I saw the group I quickly got my small camera out and the group were kind enough to move for a photo

It was just they were advertising the exhibition with a photo of Skelly Looking Ridiculous with Vikings:

A man dress as a Viking holds a red shield with with a triskelion. Others in traditional dress, including a man in a wig, stand around behind him.

But obviously it was just a case of great minds taking similar shots.

7 hours ago, cissolt said:

Did they really have guns out and the stingers on the road?

Yep. Plenty of plod walking round with guns in hand. Stingers on the approach from St John’s footy pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Yep. Plenty of plod walking round with guns in hand. Stingers on the approach from St John’s footy pitch. 

they were to stop the dismal excuse of a crowd from leaving.

• Haha 3