Ringo's island take over

It's pretty shit having to have an app to park your car. I frequently leave my phone at home on days off because people ring me on it. 

Also, don't forget, you are the product. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you need your phone once it’s set up? I’ve not successfully used Ringo but use Shaw’s Brow lots. The payment goes off the number plate so you don’t need your phone. Also works when you have multiple drivers for the same car. 

1 hour ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Well that adds to the cost for the DOI, doesnt it. Nobody is going to walk outside a car park just to get 4g signal to pay

You think people park their cars and then don’t leave the car park?

Why would they do that?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's pretty shit having to have an app to park your car. I frequently leave my phone at home on days off because people ring me on it. 

Also, don't forget, you are the product. 

You ever heard of do not disturb mode, or focus modes for different times of day and days of week?

Why would you go without the many advantages of having a phone with you just in case someone calls you on a day off?

Guess what, they came up with solutions to that years ago.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Nobody is going to walk outside a car park just to get 4g signal to pay

Literally every single person who parks in Chester Street will walk outside the car park within 2 minutes of parking.

13 hours ago, daisy said:

Would be good if WE werent sending money off Island for the privilege though - dont you think?

The barriers at Shaws Brow and the Bottleneck are maintained by an off-a company.

3 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Literally every single person who parks in Chester Street will walk outside the car park within 2 minutes of parking.

No way. Within two minutes of parking every non-contract customer is stood in a queue at one of those shitty machines waiting ages for their card transaction to go through. 

• Haha 2

I think you will find DBC maintain there own barriers and hardware, software is what is taken care of off island. You think when some knob head drives into/or some drunk takes a dislike to walking 7' extra to get round barrier they send for and wait for a tecnichian from Spain to fly in carrying an 9' barrier like a modern knight to fix it.

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think you will find DBC maintain there own barriers and hardware, software is what is taken care of off island

They can fix the basics but beyond that it is all off-island, which is why the Bottleneck reverts to free parking so often when the payment machines take a dislike to being soaked in salt water.

• Like 1

Elderly people do spend money in shops etc but I can see them avoiding these car parks like the plague and relying on online purchasing .    Douglas is bad enough with empty retail shops and a surplus of coffee shops is the intention to totally destroy the town which used to buzz when I was young even though there were less inhabitants on the Island .   It is so sad.

10 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Elderly people do spend money in shops etc but I can see them avoiding these car parks like the plague and relying on online purchasing .    Douglas is bad enough with empty retail shops and a surplus of coffee shops is the intention to totally destroy the town which used to buzz when I was young even though there were less inhabitants on the Island .   It is so sad.

You are probably correct. I am not anti progress. However, I will not litter my phone with pointless, ridiculous apps that I may only use occasionally. I would rather avoid town.  Simples. Businesses will suffer, and therefore taxes. This charging is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1