Ringo's island take over

20 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

..and I bet it won't work and leave people out of pocket due a shit app and service. 

(oh wait - that would be direct copy of Ringo as it is at the moment).

How doesn’t Ringo work?  I have used it hundreds of times and never an issue?

My preference is to pay for the time I use - preferable to the minute.

Systems that require me to estimate how much time I need annoy me - because the intent of such systems is to make people pay for more than they use.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

How doesn’t Ringo work?  I have used it hundreds of times and never an issue?

Aren't you the lucky one.

Out of almost 1300 reviews on Trustpilot 95% say its rubbish.

I know who I believe.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

Aren't you the lucky one.

Out of almost 1300 reviews on Trustpilot 95% say its rubbish.

I know who I believe.

Guess what.

People who are happy with things like a parking app don’t tend to bother to review it.

People who aren’t (or who can’t work it properly) tend to be the kind of angry people who leave a review.

Whats Trustpilot anyway? Somewhere sad people rant about things they don’t understand?  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

I just see it as another reason to not bother going to Douglas shopping. 
The high street will likely suffer. 

I don't think it will only apply to Douglas.

Once they decide it's another money stream I would expect cameras and  charging for street parking Island wide.

I think that MHKs have forgotten why they were elected. They have forgotten they are there to represent the needs of their constituents. They seem to think they are running little businesses which they have to turn into empires to prove what great business men they are. Forgetting that they produce NOTHING,... They just look for ways to take money from people by charging them for things that people don't want. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

As "emesde" has pointed out I think this is just the prelude to the government starting to charge for parking on our streets, and as the people who think NPR is being brought in to make our streets safer if you do not think this is going to happen. WAKE up and smell the coffee, This government and therefore us are fucking skint every thing from now on will be digging down the back of the sofa as the public sector try and hang on to all them privileges they assume they have a god given right to, and that us the greater manx public will have to bleed to provide. You know when they decided to sack all bus personal  and reapply for you job if it exists, that should be the way of the civil service but the top 15 not being exempt. Sorry if the capitals are in/missing, tell some one who gives a toss !.  

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Every last one of theses cretins currently with their noses in the Keys trough need to be voted out at the earliest opportunity, starting with Cannan.  He's a disgrace to Sandhurst where he is supposed to have learnt about leadership, one of its main tenets being to put the welfare of your troops first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Every last one of theses cretins currently with their noses in the Keys trough need to be voted out at the earliest opportunity, starting with Cannan.  He's a disgrace to Sandhurst where he is supposed to have learnt about leadership, one of its main tenets being to put the welfare of your troops first.

What has if the DOI implement a parking app got to do with the chief minister or most of the other MhKs?

It’s a minor departmental decision.  The fact that our MhKs get dragged into nonsense like this is part of the reason they never actually bring any new legislation or make significant changes to the way the island is operating.

As long as the general public expect politicians to deal with dog shit and car parking etc, we can’t complain that the big decisions and policy changes aren’t getting dealt with.

Edited by Roger Ram