IOMSPC - Jobs for the good old boys

14 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The SPCo is a publicly Govt-owned company; one that we are repeatedly told is an "arms-length from Govt" operation.

So onto the Board of the above, we will plonk a man who just happens to be an ex-MHK and Treasury member to boot.

What a remarkable appointment for an arm's length operation.

Quite, they just need to piss or get off the pot. Nationalise the bloody thing, be accountable and stop ripping everyone off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

This quote tells you all about the depths to which our political system has sunk, that this nodding dog who, as far as I can remember, didn't even try to achieve anything, let alone manage anything, is remembered as a competent politician.

He basically stole a living for 5 years, and presumably is so fondly remembered for not having any particularly high profile fuck ups to his name.

You'll be calling for a statue of Stu ( is he still alive) Peters next!

Bronze please. Instead of on a horse, falling off a motorbike. Still kicking thanks, but I worry you’ve put a curse on me now…

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Banker said:

Well he organized the £400m bond at a rate of 1.7% which looks pretty good compared to rates now & led the steam packet purchase but you’ve obviously got a personal grudge. Didn’t he sort out your dog shit complaint?

Fair play, that bond and re-financing was a pretty shrewd move. 

Wonder how much of it is left though...