Richard Wright, KC IOM TV

Gladys

Posted (edited)

Looks like Paul is back.  This is the first of three clips on the Wright Report.  

It has gone very quiet on this topic, but should it?  Or perhaps we shouldn't be looking 'too deeply' into the whole fiasco and the wider implications for every aspect of our interaction with government. 

They make some interesting parallels with the current Horizon inquiry which, to be honest, haven't been lost on many. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Gladys, I saw this too - welcome back Paul Moulton!

Having had reason to take an interest in Abbotswood in April 2020, and noting Chris Robertshaw's reference in the video with PM, I find this very interesting from page 931:

https://covidreview.im/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/5-Topics-01.02.2024.pdf

How Ashford got re-elected is beyond me, and the letters received by family members of Abbotswood from Expol left me extremely angry to put it mildly. 

The arrogance of everyone involved on the side of IOM Gov was appalling and not lost on me! All we continue to hear is the standard roll out CoMin proverb 'lessons will be learned' but they rarely are!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Having had reason to take an interest in Abbotswood in April 2020, and noting Chris Robertshaw's reference in the video with PM, I find this very interesting from page 931:

How Ashford got re-elected is beyond me, and the letters received by family members of Abbotswood from Expol left me extremely angry to put it mildly. 

The arrogance of everyone involved on the side of IOM Gov was appalling and not lost on me! All we continue to hear is the standard roll out CoMin proverb 'lessons will be learned' but they rarely are!

I think you mean David Ashford MBE. Too important to listen to a medical director himself, and would only take instruction from a woman with....checks notes....a degree in music.... sound about right for a man whose sole area of expertise appears to be running pub quizzes.

Can anyone remember the last time we had a health minister who wasn't an absolute useless waste of space?  Kate beecroft maybe?

Screenshot_2024-07-09-12-20-40-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

An awful situation managed shambolically.  Another chapter that is closed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

It has gone very quiet on this topic, but should it?  Or perhaps we shouldn't be looking 'too deeply' into the whole fiasco and the wider implications for every aspect of our interaction with government. 

Management in the NHS in the UK is pretty much founded on bullying, always has been. 

I’m surprised at how little scrutiny there is about Alf Cannan’s involvement during Covid. I hear on good authority he was very firmly in the no restrictions category and had a lot of influence in decision making around that.

The concerns raised in the IOM TV clips are not really about Covid, but about the culture and accountability, primarily with the AG's office, but it also permeates other areas.   However, Covid did reveal just how deep seated the culture is and the impacts on individuals with a couple of high profile cases.  

The real point in the clips is that there were a number of failings identified, but what action has been taken to address them?  No one has taken them forward, not even the Committee who commissioned the review.  If they have they are being very quiet  about it.  

One lasting impact (and that is not to lessen the impact endured by individuals) Robertshaw quotes is how the handling of the Ranson case is impacting on recruitment into the health service.  That has to be a major concern, particularly in a highly competitive recruitment market, but what is being done to address it? 

No good working away quietly for change, that work will not be apparent when a prospective recruit does a Google search. 

It isn't about Covid but culture. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Paul does some good work and generally isn't afraid to ask difficult questions.

It's just a shame he feels the need to include that smug, dead from the neck up, buffoon Robestshaw in his videos.

The government have wasted some money over the last 30 years and beyond. But none of it has been needlessly squandered as much as the salary and pension paid to Chris Robershaw for his two terms. The only useful thing he has ever done is to provide some perspective to some of the other half-wits in the Keys. As bad as they are, none are near as bad as he was.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

No one has taken them forward, not even the Committee (Daphne Caine Sarah Maltby Stu Peters) who commissioned the review.  If they have they are being very quiet  about it.  

My point to Stu Peters but in his usual bombastic manner he fobbed me off.

Edited by code99
Committee Members
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Paul does some good work and generally isn't afraid to ask difficult questions.

It's just a shame he feels the need to include that smug, dead from the neck up, buffoon Robestshaw in his videos.

The government have wasted some money over the last 30 years and beyond. But none of it has been needlessly squandered as much as the salary and pension paid to Chris Robershaw for his two terms. The only useful thing he has ever done is to provide some perspective to some of the other half-wits in the Keys. As bad as they are, none are near as bad as he was.

That is a point of view, and you are entitled to it, but CR has been tenacious on the issues raised which are just not being acknowledged or responded to by anyone in government. 

• Like 4

This is the report which Claire Christian told Tynwald 5 times was so important when calling for it to be commissioned, and when it came in and clearly didn’t say what she was hoping for she didn’t say a single word about in Tynwald

5 hours ago, cissolt said:

I think you mean David Ashford MBE. Too important to listen to a medical director himself, and would only take instruction from a woman with....checks notes....a degree in music.... sound about right for a man whose sole area of expertise appears to be running pub quizzes.

The very same lady who has developed amnesia regarding her tenure at Nobles 🤔

6 hours ago, cissolt said:

Yes just like say, Angela Rayner at one time was only experienced as a care worker. ( She would probably have been rubbish at running a pub quiz) 

Because of course people don’t get life experience and as a consequence become more able, learn new skills and assimilate new ideas do they.?

Are you saying that once a pub quizmaster, that’s all you’ll ever be good for?

• Like 1