IOM Constabulary recruitment

joebean

9 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

"To a hammer, every problem is a nail" - Abraham Maslow.

So if police management is big on arming the force, then every solution will involve an armed office.

Drunken disorderly - ARV 

Child abduction - ARV

Speeding - multiple ARVs and a PIT maneuver.

Yes, the ARV might go. 

Buy they aren't deployed. Carrying a sidearm isn't the same

5 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

The police should be putting money into de-escalation training rather than tooling up for CQB in down town Compton.

As much as the UK police are following the US trend of militarising, I wonder how long it will be before we are seeing urban "mini-tanks" on the streets.

That's a theme throughout the course, which now runs to about 3 months I think.

I got 3 weeks in 1993

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

And while I am in the mood for a bit of a rant. All the Hollywood films and stuff say that you should never point a gun at someone, even in fun, in case it accidently goes off.

What would have happened if a gun had accidently gone off during The Pulrose Incident? Would the police officer have said "It should not have happened. It was just an accident. I never had any intention whatsoever to pull the trigger. It was just for show".

No doubt Derek Flint will argue that a police officer would never accidently pull the trigger, and a police gun has never gone off unintentionally. Because the police are highly trained, and all that.

No, negligent discharges do happen. Very rare though. Someone let a round go on the Royal Train a while back.

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Oh well there we go.  I'm believing the media hype on knife crime Britain! 

You shouldn't believe everything you see in Hollywood.  They never 'accidentally go off' but you might accidentally pull the trigger.  But yes, (obviously with exception of targets/training) I was always taught that you don't/can't bluff with a gun.  You only point it at someone you are willing, able and justified to kill.  Even at the Range if you point your gun anywhere other than at the targets, whether loaded or not, you are likely going to get bollocked. 

Comparing the Pully incident to the recent one in Manchester is an interesting exercise though.  Even though they were stamping on his head after he had broken a female police officer's nose, you'll notice that none of the Police had actually pulled or pointed their gun. 

The full dissection of the airport will be interesting. I see another three officers assaulted there again today