Isle of Man Post Office…Amazon delivery

Laxey

I have just received notification that two of my latest purchases on Amazon are being delivered by Isle of Man Post Office, with IOM Post tracking numbers (ending in IM) rather than the usual Royal Mail (which then gets handled by IOM Post)…

….is IOM Post Office actually being proactive now and going direct to the likes of Amazon to win back some parcel business lost to MIC/Evri?

3 minutes ago, kevster said:

Doesn't it depend on the size of the delivery and who is sending it? Not everything on Amazon is fulfilled by them.

Yes I guess it does….two of my latest deliveries are quoted as IOM Post Office (which I have never seen before…previously been Royal Mail which IOM Post handle when it gets here) …I have another which is going to be Evri….so I guess the IOM Post have not got Amazon all to themselves.

1 hour ago, kevster said:

If it has a IoM Post tracking number instead of a Royal Mail one, they wont be getting any extra cash for it. 

Surely if IOM Post are getting the parcels direct from Amazon rather than through a third party (Royal Mail) IOM Post will, potentially, get more income than just the handling fee from Royal Mail? Depends on what has been negotiated to get this new arrangement in place I guess!

However, yes, the parcels on their way to me have definitely got IOM Post tracking numbers (AA12345678IM) rather than Royal Mail ones (YZ98765432GB).

I would hope this arrangement puts IOM Post in a better income position as I personally have never had an issue with deliveries through the post office (albeit they take a day longer now since the cancellation of the plane which wasn’t IOM Post fault).

• Thanks 1

Have to say, recent Amazon orders have arrived when advised.  Definitely an improvement rather than automatically adding a day or two to the notified delivery date for the actual delivery date. 

Have one due for delivery tomorrow,  so let's see. 

ETA, the tracking shows IOM Post with an IM suffix in the tracking number. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Thanks 1

I’m an eBay sort of guy. Not sure who does local deliveries here but usually  comes a few days after ordering. 
I would probably use Amazon more if it wasn’t for the sleazy tactics employed in trying to sign you up for Amazon Prime.
At least you know where you are with eBay, not perfect every time but you don’t have to go through  the rigmarole of opting out of Prime whilst never really being sure you have done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Amazon can fuck off. 

"There's nothing in the high street anymore, other than coffee bars and charity shops"

Yes, that's your fault for ordering shampoo online you fucking twat.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Misunderstood , no not me

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Amazon can fuck off. 

"There's nothing in the high street anymore, other than coffee bars and charity shops"

And thousands of other things which saves me driving to fucking Douglas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Amazon can fuck off. 

Why would I go somewhere in my spare time to buy shampoo?

I will happily go to a shop with personal service for a product that needs a bit of a hands on experience or professional input and pay a premium for it.

Shampoo?  I will have that waiting for me when I get home for less outlay.  Why wouldn’t I?