Isle of Man Post Office…Amazon delivery

Laxey

15 hours ago, Gladys said:

Have to say, recent Amazon orders have arrived when advised.  Definitely an improvement rather than automatically adding a day or two to the notified delivery date for the actual delivery date. 

Have one due for delivery tomorrow,  so let's see. 

ETA, the tracking shows IOM Post with an IM suffix in the tracking number. 

Package just received.  Fantastic service.  Whatever IOM Post are doing, its working. Well done! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Ram said:

Adapt or die.  Adapt a business or learn new skills.

Yes I buy a lot of stuff online where the local shopping experience offers no benefit.  The example used was a bottle of shampoo.  What do I gain from going to a soulless shop to buy that?

I also buy a lot less stuff from chain stores and supermarkets than I would have done 15 years ago.  Farm shops, butchers, fish shops etc.

If a business can offer an experience and service that can’t be matched online then they will prosper.  We could have had blinds and curtains online recently but instead spend time in Talbots and with them visiting the house to spend more to have them custom made and as we want.

There is a place for online and a place for face to face interactions.  Businesses need to adapt.  Look at Jac Stores locally, a superb example of blending online and physical stores and expanding into Peel as we speak while other similar businesses who haven’t adapted complain about people shopping online and how quiet they are.

I cannot imagine what kind of 'shopping experience ' you are looking for when buying a bottle of shampoo. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I cannot imagine what kind of 'shopping experience ' you are looking for when buying a bottle of shampoo. 

Thats exactly the point.  There isn’t one, or any experience there is is just inconvenience and hassle so those sort of transactions might as well be done online.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Package just received.  Fantastic service.  Whatever IOM Post are doing, its working. Well done! 

Iom Post are doing what they have always tried to do. But they have also always been subject to the vagaries of Royal Mail.

Amazon have been exerting pressure on their delivery partners to try and rectify "shortcomings" and it is showing, IoMP are currently under a stringent "trial" period with Amazon to show that promised delivery schedules can be met.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Iom Post are doing what they have always tried to do. But they have also always been subject to the vagaries of Royal Mail.

Amazon have been exerting pressure on their delivery partners to try and rectify "shortcomings" and it is showing, IoMP are currently under a stringent "trial" period with Amazon to show that promised delivery schedules can be met.

Well they can only be better than Evri performance at the moment…..a recent parcel being delivered by Evri was on the Island 6 days before eventually being delivered. I hope IOM Post can live up to Amazon expectations and knock spots off the competition!

….off to order to more everyday products on Amazon with free delivery!!! (Not shampoo though!)

Edited by Laxey

20 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Yes, you're right about that.

I don’t buy this carbon footprint thing.

Yes I order individual items that are delivered to my house.  They all come in vans that would be coming down the street anyway.

By ordering day to day stuff like shampoo my trips to the shops are done on foot. I very rarely go shopping in the car unless it’s to a farm shop or that Deli on Windsor Road or at St John’s.  The majority of my veg and meat is local.

I would be surprised if my carbon footprint on getting food and supplies into the house is higher than someone who drives to Tesco and loads the car up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

I don’t buy this carbon footprint thing.

Yes I order individual items that are delivered to my house.  They all come in vans that would be coming down the street anyway.

By ordering day to day stuff like shampoo my trips to the shops are done on foot. I very rarely go shopping in the car unless it’s to a farm shop or that Deli on Windsor Road or at St John’s.  The majority of my veg and meat is local.

I would be surprised if my carbon footprint on getting food and supplies into the house is higher than someone who drives to Tesco and loads the car up.

I agree….what a load of crap the carbon footprint thing is….I fail to believe the products I purchase on Amazon create more carbon to get to my front door than me driving my (non electric) car to the shops….they still have to be transported to the island one way or another ….on the Steam Packet….which will sail whether I order my cheap Andrex in bulk on Amazon or buy the same overpriced Andrex locally! Same with shampoo.

23 minutes ago, Laxey said:

I agree….what a load of crap the carbon footprint thing is….I fail to believe the products I purchase on Amazon create more carbon to get to my front door than me driving my (non electric) car to the shops….they still have to be transported to the island one way or another ….on the Steam Packet….which will sail whether I order my cheap Andrex in bulk on Amazon or buy the same overpriced Andrex locally! Same with shampoo.

You are right.

@Banker seems to think the concept is funny, but hasn’t offered any explanation as to why.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Is technology and the modern world a bit advanced for you?  Maybe don’t click on a thread about people ordering stuff from Amazon if the concept of making life more straightforward confuses you?

I never buy shit from that cunt.

How can you say you are saving time and money when you drive to Dalton st to  pay 200/300 % more for some cream crackers at Woodbourne deli????

As for the cheese prices???? Jeeze!!!

16 hours ago, Laxey said:

The final or last mile of delivery services has a controversial carbon impact.  Just Google it.  It is entirely your choice to buy ordinary stuff on line, just as it is my choice not to.   

Of course, if you go to buy these ordinary items locally individually rather than in one big shop, then the carbon impact, obviously, is no different.  

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The final or last mile of delivery services has a controversial carbon impact.  Just Google it.  It is entirely your choice to buy ordinary stuff on line, just as it is my choice not to.   

Of course, if you go to buy these ordinary items locally individually rather than in one big shop, then the carbon impact, obviously, is no different.  

What is the carbon footprint of the postie dropping a small package to me when he is on the street everyday anyway?

• Like 1