Isle of Man Post Office…Amazon delivery

Laxey

5 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

What is the carbon footprint of the postie dropping a small package to me when he is on the street everyday anyway?

Net neutral (unless he farts I guess which produces greenhouse gasses!!!).

Anyway, the whole point of this thread was to highlight the fact that it appears that IOM Post appear to have been proactive in getting a direct contract with Amazon, taking on Evri/MIC head on.

i just hope that it puts IOM Post in a better position financially…albeit they appear to be in the pickle they are by inept past management decisions!

I will order or buy wherever offers me the lowest price…and that is the end of story…if I happen to choose a higher carbon option then so what….price wins particularly in these inflationary times.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Postman with a small package? Wouldn't have thought that was your kind of guy 😂 

but I understand the chief executive is one of the few people  employed by the statutory boards  ( Isle of man post office )who gets a bonus , I hope its performance related  then we might see a reduction in the wages and salaries bill , their performance has been abysmal 

21 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Who would have thought eh? IOM Post handling Amazon stuff direct? Only took them +13 years and three development managers (now redundant) to secure some of that biz. But you got there in the end, eh Stu?

All they need to do now is work out how they're going to get rid of 170-and-growing pallets lying around the HQ...

• Like 1

Congratulations to IOM post on completely screwing up an urgent Amazon delivery yesterday.

It was truly exceptional not only in the scale of the error itself, but the total local of customer care displayed once they were notified.

A shame, as I was singing their praises previously .

Edited by Roger Ram

10 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Congratulations to IOM post on completely screwing up an urgent Amazon delivery yesterday.

It was truly exceptional not only in the scale of the error itself, but the total local of customer care displayed once they were notified.

A shame, as I was singing their praises previously .

Didn’t get your shampoo for tonight?😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4