Isle of Man Post Office…Amazon delivery

Laxey

So it's all out in the open now; months of complaints about slow deliveries have been down to a two-week bout of Covid 🤭

Screenshot_20240729-105322_Facebook.jpg

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

So it's all out in the open now; months of complaints about slow deliveries have been down to a two-week bout of Covid 🤭

Well government workers and their sick days!!

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I think they need to get their stories straight…..whilst my Amazon deliveries have been delivered surprisingly quickly since the new IOM Post contract….our postie today advised that contrary to what is being advised, parcel deliveries are being prioritised over letters, so letter post is severely delayed at times as a result of increased parcel load.

1 hour ago, Laxey said:

I think they need to get their stories straight…..whilst my Amazon deliveries have been delivered surprisingly quickly since the new IOM Post contract….our postie today advised that contrary to what is being advised, parcel deliveries are being prioritised over letters, so letter post is severely delayed at times as a result of increased parcel load.

It is a fact and I've stated it before.

Stu says, "He hasn't heard of any overall difficulties". That's because either he hasn't asked or been told or his pants are on fire.

Stu is told a) what it's thought he would like to hear and b) what he needs to repeat for public consumption. As are most Ministers and statutory Board Chairs.

The PO has been tasked with maximising revenue for the Treasury. That means prioritising the more lucrative parcels business over letters mail (which effectively equates to a cut in service for those paying for stamps for letters).

But we're getting used to cuts in services whilst paying more now.

• Like 2

As letter posting has diminished it's not surprising that any organisation will have re-prioritised their business model????

Unless you think that sending a Van to Bride with one letter is worthwhile???

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laxey said:

So the vans are so full of parcels there's no room for letters? Doesn't compute.

You're trying to simplify the argument Stu P, there is nothing to say that the sorting office do not prioritise small packages over letters, it could be that Bride requires three packages to put one letter into the 'bag'???

I'm not saying that this is wrong but it requires a better answer than a    typical politicians   response???

Most letters from Govt, insurance, utility provider, Bank etc are not urgent and so can be left for a day or so but you should acknowledge that People w2ill worry that they have lost a day of response time even if not urgent???

I had an item dispatched from a UK  supplier, using Amazon.

It failed to arrive.

2 weeks ago, the supplier very readily sent a replacement via Royal Mail which arrived within 48 hours.

Last week,  more than 2 months on , the  missing item  arrived via Amazon.

In very large  felt tip lettering, had been added the  scrawled, ‘ Isle  of Man’ !

This is despite  the very clear IoM address and the prominent and correct post code.

For reasons that  defy all explanation,  I learnt that  it had been sent to an address in Sutton Coldfield…

Last week I needed  a further item from the same supplier.

Two days after placing  my order, I was cheerfully informed by Amazon,

‘ Your parcel has been delivered !’ 

As proof, there was even a photograph of it lying on the porch mat.

The problem was that whilst  undeniably  it might be someones porch, it  was not my porch.

I don’t even have  a porch.

Today I learnt where that porch is - and also where  my missing parcel was left:

….. Sutton Coldfield.

Edited by hampsterkahn

26 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

I had an item dispatched from a UK  supplier, using Amazon.

It failed to arrive.

2 weeks ago, the supplier very readily sent a replacement via Royal Mail which arrived within 48 hours.

Last week,  more than 2 months on , the  missing item  arrived via Amazon.

In very large  felt tip lettering, had been added the  scrawled, ‘ Isle  of Man’ !

This is despite  the very clear IoM address and the prominent and correct post code.

For reasons that  defy all explanation,  I learnt that  it had been sent to an address in Sutton Coldfield…

Last week I needed  a further item from the same supplier.

Two days after placing  my order, I was cheerfully informed by Amazon,

‘ Your parcel has been delivered !’ 

As proof, there was even a photograph of it lying on the porch mat.

The problem was that whilst  undeniably  it might be someones porch, it  was not my porch.

I don’t even have  a porch.

Today I learnt where that porch is - and also where  my missing parcel was left:

….. Sutton Coldfield.

Is the tracking number a Royal Mail number or IOM Post? 

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

So the vans are so full of parcels there's no room for letters? Doesn't compute.

No. Sorting and processing priorities pre-delivery are prioritised in favour of parcels.

There is no longer any morning sorting of letter post for same day delivery; only evening sorting. Therefore letter post lies for the best part of a day and sometimes more before being sorted.

Perhaps Stu might like to enquire about the costs of getting rid of over 300 empty Amazon pallets and why it hasn't been allowed for?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

No. Sorting and processing priorities pre-delivery are prioritised in favour of parcels.

There is no longer any morning sorting of letter post for same day delivery; only evening sorting. Therefore letter post lies for the best part of a day and sometimes more before being sorted.

Perhaps Stu might like to enquire about the costs of getting rid of over 300 empty Amazon pallets and why it hasn't been allowed for?

Says who ? No doubt your mate who obviously had an axe to grind as he’s having to work harder and knows you will believe anything he tells you!!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Says who ? No doubt your mate who obviously had an axe to grind as he’s having to work harder and knows you will believe anything he tells you!!

More "Banker Baseless Facts".... 😴🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

More "Banker Baseless Facts".... 😴🙄

There's always a strong element of "Who are you going to believe?  Me or your lying eyes?"  in these defences of government positions.  It seems to be more about reassuring themselves than anything else - I don't think many people outside the bubble are fooled.  

The deterioration in letter delivery seems to have preceded taking on the Amazon contract though, it's been unreliable for at least this year.  I suspect they haven't got enough staff, having an ever-diminishing and aging core of permanent workers and relying more and more on temps.  Who they can't always get and who won't have the same knowledge.

Incidentally is the wondrous new sorting machine helping deliver all these extra parcels any faster - or indeed working at all?

• Like 1