Linked to any ongoing e-gaming investigations?

FANDL

17 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

That's an uncomfortable read.

That’s an understatement. I doubt this will be trumpeted by CM Cannan, Allinson and Tim at the IOMG Conference. I would say that this would be buried. 

8 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Waiting patiently for Manx radio to cover this.. 

3000 year later

CM Cannan and Co probably will want to cover this up. Probably a lot more to come out of this story, for example, how much taxpayers cash given, and other IOMG involvement, of which on a project like the Victoria Road Campus ‘investment’ and size, I’d be surprised if there was none. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Bad news for those who may be owed money. Bad news for lawful companies and individuals who will now have to jump through more hoops in new legislation which no doubt will be introduced. The BBC article mentions that the Victoria Road site was cleared of trees - considering IOMG loves the environment and dick waves its green credentials so much. 

CM Cannan, COMIN and IOMG has well and truly been scammed. That carpet will be bigger than Snaefell soon. 

this island is full of financial crime regulators  almost 80 staff employed by the FSC  plus the gaming commission and the police ,hearing the story on Radio 4 this morning  it seems to be the Chinese authorities  were the ones who sussed it out ,and the usual throw away line  from the BBC  we have asked someone from the isle of man government for a comment ,

well I think you will have to wait , makes you wonder whet else illegal is going on here  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Not a good look but one could argue the fact they were caught and the raids and arrests here happened shows the controls are working. 

Not caught by IOMG and its authorities though. It’s obvious that the BBC investigative journalists have investigating for a while, before passing on their findings to the NCA, by which stage, our agencies were told to jump and IOMG said how high. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan and Co probably will want to cover this up. Probably a lot more to come out of this story, for example, how much taxpayers cash given, and other IOMG involvement, of which on a project like the Victoria Road Campus ‘investment’ and size, I’d be surprised if there was none. 

Well it is on the front page of BBC news and likely will be all over BBC radio and tv news today. So good luck to Cannan from Kirk Michael stopping that 

59 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Not a good look but one could argue the fact they were caught and the raids and arrests here happened shows the controls are working. 

48 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Just in time for MONEYVAL.

Looking (desperately) at the positives.  Indeed it does at least show the controls work if they only managed to do it for a year and yes we needed a sacrifice for Moneyval. 

So much for the population targets and the 500 or so immigrants from China and the Philippines.  I'd assumed that the Philippinos would be mostly in the Healthcare sector!  

• Like 1

Just now, GreyWolf said:

Let’s have full disclosure of all those in government who pushed for this firm and facilitated it.

It will be swept under the rug ……… remember IOMG, CoMin, MHKs won’t take responsibility. Civil Servants involvement definitely and again no doubt a lot of buck passing. Brown paper envelopes, and backhanders? I leave that for others to decide. 

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I suspect there will be a couple more sacrificial lambs yet...such an investigation surely has to go into the CSPs that checked all this out?

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

this island is full of financial crime regulators  almost 80 staff employed by the FSC  plus the gaming commission and the police ,hearing the story on Radio 4 this morning  it seems to be the Chinese authorities  were the ones who sussed it out ,and the usual throw away line  from the BBC  we have asked someone from the isle of man government for a comment ,

well I think you will have to wait , makes you wonder whet else illegal is going on here  

Don’t worry Minister Poole Wilson will burst into song, about new legislation to punish and hinder the law abiding residents and legitimate businesses operating on the island. Beneficial Ownership ……………….. that’s a joke, but a bureaucratic nonsense to be completed by island companies ……….. who no doubt will be punished further, so the island will be squeaky clean.

2 minutes ago, Weliveinhope said:

Look forward to the Dept of Enterprise advert for Head of Boiler Room and Scam Development - they love a bandwagon, maybe this is the next 'big thing'

Probably one already, with a civil servant on mega bucks.