Linked to any ongoing e-gaming investigations?

FANDL

5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Looking (desperately) at the positives.  Indeed it does at least show the controls work if they only managed to do it for a year and yes we needed a sacrifice for Moneyval. 

So much for the population targets and the 500 or so immigrants from China and the Philippines.  I'd assumed that the Philippinos would be mostly in the Healthcare sector!  

The year is probably just where they have focused evidence and prosecutions. The article refers to 2021 and we know the operation was only closed down earlier this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I suspect there will be a couple more sacrificial lambs yet...such an investigation surely has to go into the CSPs that checked all this out?

What about the lawyers - Athol Streets finest, the great and the good? I’m sure the builders of the Victoria Road campus won’t have been happy - I hope they were paid? 

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure the builders of the Victoria Road campus won’t have been happy - I hope they were paid? 

Arguably this would probably mean that they have been involved in money laundering.  I can't imagine any of the building firms have a Compliance Dept, but I suspect they can expect a visit from the FSA in the near future.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a discussion between them! 

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Probably one already, with a civil servant on mega bucks. 

and while there  at it the Immigration policy  need a severe looking at  it would seem some of those involved  were known scammers and criminals ,  I am afraid the damage done to the islands reputation  will haunt us for years to come and just what the new labour government wished for to  close us down 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Bad news for those who may be owed money. Bad news for lawful companies and individuals who will now have to jump through more hoops in new legislation which no doubt will be introduced. The BBC article mentions that the Victoria Road site was cleared of trees - considering IOMG loves the environment and dick waves its green credentials so much. 

CM Cannan, COMIN and IOMG has well and truly been scammed. That carpet will be bigger than Snaefell soon. 

Undoubtedly there is much much more to this, more will come out almost certainly!

2 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Collecting fat salaries and pensions and holidaying 40 days per year of course

sack the lot of them!

Don't forget the other 40 days holiday going to conferences in far flung places of the world.

• Like 1